chapter 52

Rainbow's eyes traced the others form as she looked from her eyes, down her clothed body. She knew what they both wanted, but considering the circumstances they had just left, it didn't seem like the best idea to follow through. She simply gave the girl a small smile and let her mug rest on her thigh, "You're desperate aren't you?" 

Applejack gave a soft laugh and shifted her gaze, "Can you blame me? You didn't look so bad yourself out there today."

Dash let herself move somewhat closer to the girl, one of the legs bent under her seating position now touching the others. AJ noticed her closing the gap between them and raised an arm to lean on, letting it bend on the back cushions of the couch as she rest her head in her palm. Rainbow jokingly replied egotistically, "Not my fault I'm so attractive." 

"You're insufferable." AJ said through her teeth that was growing into a warm smile signifying the playful intent. 

"Insufferably hot." Dash corrected her, lifting an eyebrow as she raised the cup to her lips, the drink now slightly colder. 

As if by instinct, Applejack lifted a hand to the girls face and gently let her fingers glide down her cheek, analysing her, Rainbow hoping it was her thinking about how good looking she was and not realising her flaws. AJ cleared the question for her. 

"You're insufferably beautiful." 

Rainbow just stared at her, their eyes contact meeting in a somewhat loving way, if it was too soon to call it that. 

"Dash I wanted to ask you something." 

"Yeah?" She spoke softly, the moment becoming oddly pure and sappy unlike what they're used to. 

"Before Fluttershy told me...how she felt about you, she asked if we were dating. I wasn't quite sure how to reply since we've never actually decided on a title of what we are. I know you may not be huge on labels, but I just want to know if..." Applejack began, her hand placement on the mug clasping around it tighter as if absorbing any heat from it for thermal encouragement. 

"If...Rainbow will you be my girlfriend? May I be your girlfriend? I don't know how to phrase things these days...um." AJ proposed the question, something Dash had to admit had been floating around in her conscience too as of late. 

"I mean you don't have to if you don't want to...I was just thinking you know...since the Dazzlings thing, we just seemed, closer and we've been hanging out more." 

With the continued silence between the girls she began to second guess herself. 

"Okay actually, it's stupid, don't worry about it, we can just be like, friends with benefits or whatever if you want tha-" 

"Yes."

Applejack stopped her rambling once it was interrupted. "What?"

Dash put down her half empty mug on the wooden coffee table infront of them and took one of Applejack's hands in her own, the warmth lingering on her skin from the heated ceramic still prevalent. 

"Yes AJ, I want to be your girlfriend." 

Applejack's eyes widened, and in a cliche way, sparkled, the melancholy relief washed over her as her doubts were settled and the pondered burden dissipating. AJ placed her cup down on the couch's side table, next to the canvas lamp, and reached out to her girlfriend, pulling them into a careful embrace, the memories of what they used to be and now are once again, returning.

Rainbow nuzzled her head into the others neck, the blonde's hair falling over her face slightly yet leaving her unbothered as it smelt nice. She couldn't quite describe it as it was probably just scented conditioner, but she liked it. Leaning back out of the hug, she still stayed close to the girl intentionally, letting the hand that was wrapped around her lower waist rise to cup the edge of her jawline and the transition between that and her neck. AJ's eyeline travelled with the hand as it moved, letting it fall back on the dark toned pink eyes of the other. Understanding the connection, she kept her hand on Rainbow's lower back but just pulled her in closer, aiming to meet her lips.