chapter 57

cute photo...now kiss.

also there is HEAVY flirting in this chapter LMAOO so get excited

-------

"The girls will get their room assignments from Timber, and the boys from me!" Gloriosa, one of Camp Everfree's coordinators exclaimed to the students from the gazebo as she made her way down the steps with a satchel. As the genders swarmed to their respective people, Timber opened the bag he held out to the closest girl near him which happened to be Pinkie. 

"Ooh! I'm in the emerald room!" She gleefully called as she pulled a card with a green stone printed on the front. 

"Me too," Rarity acknowledged happily as she too pulled the same crystal from the bag, wrapping an arm around Pinkie's shoulders as they began to walk to the tent area together, the girl bouncing next to her in anticipation and offering the occasional hug to let her building excitement out. 

Timber made his way around the group, DJ and Fluttershy pulling the same card, Twilight and Sunset both getting sapphire, the groups seemed to work out perfectly with everyones unique personalities. DJ and Fluttershy both were quiet individuals and would appreciate the calm their room would hold, not pressure to speak or interact, just politely enjoying eachother's company, and Sunset and Twi of course being close friends since Midnight Sparkle was defeated with the compassionate help of the other. 

As he drew nearer to Applejack, she eyed the rainbow haired girl next to her, a small part of her hoping they'd draw the same card. Because she wanted to share a room with a friend of course, so she wouldn't face the awkwardness of rooming with a student she wasn't close with. She watched Dash reach into the brown canvas and swipe her hand around inside until settling on a specific card, pulling out a teal tinted crystal. 

"Oh cool! Aquamarine!" She read outloud, her gaze switching from the item in her hands to AJ as Timber made her way around to her. 

"Your turn," he greeted with a smile on his face as she put her hand in and grabbed the first piece of paper her fingertips met. She didn't realise it in the moment but her breath must have been held until she pulled out a card that matched Rainbows, the air allowing to be released. 

"Hey me too!" She shouted to the girl cheerfully, showing the picture to the girl as proof. Dash returned the revelation with an overly excited jump over to the girl, surprising her with her arms wrapping around her shoulders as if bracing a fall and pulling away almost as quick as it happened. 

"Hell yeah!" She pulled a fist to her side in victory, "Best camp with my best friend."

"Ha yeah," AJ replied, honoured to be given the title of Rainbow's best friend considering her large range of people she knew well at the camp.  

"Wow what are the chances! You lucky lovebirds," Sunset nudged Dash with her arm, winking at AJ slightly, as she passed by and heard their room arrangement. The comment only lasted a second as she soon began to make her way over to Twilight who was conversing with Timber, seemingly her intention to drag the girl away from him, yet the confusion on AJ and Dash's faces lasted. 

"What did she just call us?" Applejack asked, a somewhat mortified look on her face Rainbow read. 

"Damn AJ, why so offended to be accused of dating me?" The other joked with a smirk on her face which almost immediately faded when observing AJ not laughing and just staring at her. "Sorry sorry not funny. But yeah, recently our friends have been acting so off. Do they secretly want us together or something," she added on to try and diffuse the uneasy tension between them.