chapter 83: Epilogue

It is now a few years in the future and the happy couple are in their mid-twenties with a very old Winona and a satisfied Tank the tortoise. Sharing an apartment in the city, the two had already completed their university degrees and had begun their journey of discovering what they truly wanted to do with their life, Rainbow deciding she wanted to pursue her love of music and AJ deciding to go down the corporate path in hopes to aid her family business. While they lived different lives, Dash passing her days with a casual schedule and occasional producer meetings and Applejack working the later hours in a manufacturing business, they managed to find time for eachother so they could cultivate their relationship. Saturday nights were the designated free evening they purposely put aside so they could bond, away from the pressures of self set work or responsibilities, they could just be themselves and have fun. Usually, the pair would alternate who were to choose their activity for the night, Rainbow having chosen going to a club last time to affirm their youth, and tonight it was Applejack's turn. 

--------

"Hey babe come here, I'm working on a new song," Rainbow called to her partner as AJ looped around the corner and stuck her head into the room, acknowledging a "Just a second," so she could finish her task before returning. Dash held her guitar closer to her chest and positioned three of her fingers upon the required frets once Applejack came back and sat on the bed behind her, admiring the series of song lyrics strewn out across their sheets on crumpled paper.

"What's this one about sugarcube?" AJ inquired as she wrapped her arms around the girl and pulling her nearer, causing the instrument to slip out of the others grasp for an instant just as she gifted a kiss to her shoulder. 

"Oh nothing much, just this girl that I'm so ridiculously inlove with..." Rainbow replied with a kind smirk on her face as she tilted her head slightly so the other could see her expression before re-engaging with her chords. "I was thinking of making it a slower piece, a bit different from my others," she then continued, shuffling through some of the pages with one hand as she brought a few strays together, the lyrics she had in mind now collected. 

"She's your muse huh?" AJ spoke softly in a somewhat joking tone as she kept her hands interlaced around the others frame, resting her head close to the others neck as she tried to read the chicken scratches that revealed a scattered imagination. 

"Yeah but I'd never tell her of course, don't want to fuel her ego because of it," Rainbow replied, raising her eyebrows in a playful manner unsure if the other saw as her gaze was still pinned to the spurts of words she had previously written throughout the day.

"I promise I won't say a word to her," Applejack humorously responded before quickly sliding in a suggestion for their evening plans just as Rainbow was going to present examples of a melody she was drafting. 

"Also, I want to surprise you for date night today, I've got something booked, so you'll just have to follow my lead this time," AJ explained as she awaited the others hopeful agreement.

"As long as you're not breaking up with me, I'm down," Dash scoffed, "What's the dress code?" 

"Just dress like you my love," she advised, eyes flickering over to the face of her beautiful girlfriend before shifting back to the papers to seem unsuspicious. 

"So anyway, play it for me."

----------

"Can I look now?" 

"No."

"Are you luring me to my death or something?"