4

Chapter 4 Blizzard Turns to Sunny Day (3)
  Lin Yi Yang and Wu Wei were waiting next to a large parking lot, waiting for the bus they were going to take.

  Although the weather has warmed up in the past two days, the wind is still strong and the temperature is low as darkness approaches.

  Wu Wei put his hands in the pockets of his cold-proof clothes and stamped his feet from the cold.

     Lin Yi Yang was still playing with his phone with one hand and seemed to be smiling.

      What laughing?

      Wu Wei wanted to take a look, but Lin Yi Yang elbowed him away.

  There happened to be a Chinese bus full of people. Passing by, the driver saw Lin Yi Yang through the window.

     He stepped on the brakes and shouted outside: "Go back to New York? Can I give you a ride?"

  Lin Yi Yang dialed a number.

      While the phone was on hold, he said to the driver: "Your car is full, let's go first."

  The driver smiled and said "fake politeness" and popped out a cigarette butt.

  The red light drew an arc and almost fell on Lin Yi Yang's clothes. He stepped aside half a step to avoid it.

  The call happened to be connected.

  "Help me entertain the two children. I have something to do at the moment and I can't take care of it," he said to the person on the other side of the phone. "Yes, I agreed to the bet."

  ***

  "You agreed?" Yin Guo was surprised.

  The elevator door opened, and two men dressed in business attire walked in, separating the siblings.

  "Speak quickly."

       Yin Guo leaned against the elevator wall and whispered in Chinese.

  "No, he said he wanted his friends to pay the bill."

       The cousin passed the phone from behind the two men and handed it to Yin Guo so that she could read it for herself.

       "I told him that it's okay for friends to come and I'll pay for it."

  Yin Guo glanced at the chat history between the two.

  Lin Yi Yang didn't say much in reply, saying he was on the way.

       According to his reply to Meng Xiao Tian, he was saying that Yin Guo and the others were guests from afar, and since they were here, they naturally wanted him to invite them. This is the rule of the Chinese people, and you must abide by it even in a foreign country.

  Meng Xiao Tian originally wanted to invite him to dinner, but of course he refused to agree.

  After a few words, Lin Yi Yang turned to care about how many days they would stay in Washington.

       Meng Xiao Tian said that Yin Guo could not leave New York for too long, so he only booked a hotel for one night and would leave tomorrow afternoon.

       He asked Lin Yi Yang when he would return here, but Lin Yi Yang couldn't tell.

  His final reply was—
  Lin: See you soon.

  As a result, Meng Xiao Tian, a greedy man, even though he rejected Lin Yi Yang's suggestion to treat guests, was still obsessed with that restaurant.