XLIV

Oɴᴇ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ

M/n chucks at this adorable invitation for a dance and takes it with a smile

M/n chucks at this adorable invitation for a dance and takes it with a smile. Tartaglia stands up, pulling the holy being up with him, and shyly holds one hand while wrapping his arm around M/n's waist. They sway underneath the bright moonlight, It was a dream of many to hold such a powerful and beautiful man.
"Who taught you how to dance?"

"Pantaloon, at first he deemed me a clumsy fool who only knows the heat of battle but after a while, I caught on."Tartaglia spins the holy being around and then brings him back into his embrace, continuing the swaying steps.
"He's a good teacher indeed."

"Haha, he is. Ah...Your grace, it seems like you had quite a bit on your mind when I got here, mora for your thoughts?"M/n stops moving for a moment, and his joyful yet small smile falls hard as his thoughts come back, finally distracted from them only to have them drop back on his at a simple question.
"I...What did I do to deserve Lumine's hatred of me? I truly didn't know where Aether was, and she betrayed me without conceding if it was the truth...Though I wish to see her burn...There's still a small hope in my heart."M/n places his head against Tartaglia's chest as they sway and he cries, he loved Lumine so much and whenever he was alone in his thoughts he'd think about all the fun he had guiding her through the world, making sure she was stronger than all, and would never lose a fight.
"This feelings old and I know that I made up my mind–"

"I hope she feels what you felt when she shattered your soul~"M/n stops to look up At Tartaglia, how did he know what he was singing?
"Cause she was cruel and I'm a fool.."

"So please let her go."

"How did you know what I was singing?"Tartaglia smiles and explains that every time he felt his constellation warm up, he would hear M/n's voice singing a certain song in different versions of his favorite.
"Your grace, you have to let her go. She made it very clear that she was perfectly fine with ending your life for her cause. Her cause is to find her brother. When you didn't know where he was, the abyss prince found you on his own, his sister be damned! You are the most important thing in this world."There was a hint of something in Tartaglia's eyes that M/n could not recognize but he knew the ginger felt strong about what he said.

What M/n could not understand was a deep, dark, and dangerous feeling was boiling within the ginger. His hatred for the blonde woman skyrocketed!
How dare Lumine make the holy one cry over her?! He thought angrily but not once did his anger show. They continued to dance, humming the song until M/n started to get sleepy. Without hesitation, the taller male picks up the other and puts him in bed.
"Sleep well, your grace. I'll send in Zhongli and Neuvillette."M/n smiles at the idea of the two dragons snuggling with him as he dozed off.

✨✨✨

"THAT BITCH MUST DIE!"Tartaglia screams at the top of his lungs while destroying all the training dummies. Pantalone and Aether just stare in shock as they watch the ginger destroy everything within sight before dropping down, finally exhausting himself. Soon enough Capitano walks in after the chaos calms.
"Tag, what happened? Who are you talking about?"

"That stupid bitch....His grace cried over her betrayal."A spike of abyssal energy floods the room before waning.
"Is he okay now?"

"Yeah, he's sleeping. But the tears he shed broke me! He was genuinely saddened, he cared for her...It was like he lost something but at the same time I could see–No feel the rage boiling within."Capitano pats the now calm ginger on the shoulder.
"It'll only be a matter of time before we can destroy her despicable soul. I'm sure his grace will be over it by then with our love and support, we'll aid him and soon he'll forget the love he ever had for that wench. How's that sound?"

"Perfect."