XVII

Aʙʏss Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ Aᴇᴛʜᴇʀ

After stepping through the portal while holding onto the frozen spear storing La Signora's ashes, the two stepped out into a familiar place

"*Sniff* Is this...Enkanomiya? W-why are we here?"

"It's safe here, I should have prevented you from entering Tenshukaku. Ah, there's your friends."Xiao drops down from a destroyed pillar and hugs M/n tightly as Scaramouche rushes over to do the same.
"Your grace, I have sent news to Snezhnaya about what happened and I let them know you're safe."

"Thank you, Aether...I need you to do something for me.."

"Name it and I'll carry out whatever you need of me."Aether kneels, taking M/n's hand and placing a kiss on his knuckles.
"Lumine threw my life away, so I'll be taking one of them back..."M/n hands the spear over to Xiao and kneels.
"Kill Teppei."

"Anything for you."

✴️✴️✴️

Aether got the three settled at Dainichi Mikoshi, when they reached the elevated place M/n passed out from exhaustion, leaving the other three very worried about M/n's mental state after what happened.
"You summoned me, Prince?"

"Enjou–"Aether starts as he turns his eyes from the closed sky.

"I have a mission for you. I was going to make this as personal as possible but, I think it would be just as soul-crushing if you did this. From Lumine's time here in Enkanomiya and dealing with you, she seems rather fond of you. Kill Teppei in front of her and deliver the message that this is her punishment for forsaking the holy creator."

"Has...Has he truly returned to us?"Enjou's voice which usually carried a playful tone was serious and shakey at the mere mention of the great creator. Aether nods, then explains how Lumine left the weakened God of gods to die at the hands of the Raiden Shogun. This enrages Enjou and he quickly leaves to carry out his task. Aether sighs heavily before returning to the middle section of Dainichi Mikoshi. There M/n slept peacefully under the watchful gaze of Xiao and Scaramouche.
"La Signora is...This is what's left of her...Will his grace be able to bring her back like Teppei?"

"No...His grace can only do so much. He was only able to save Teppei because he was still within the bounds of life but La Signora is passed that bound. The most he can return is la Signora's body but it will be an empty shell."Xiao nods at Aether's explanation, then asked what Scaramouche was doing in Inazuma.
"The electro Gnosis. Dottore is going to help me become a god in his grace's name. This world will pay for what they've done to his grace...I must leave for now but when I return, I'll be a bit different. Tell his grace that for me."Scaramouche stands next to the sleeping holy figure and leaves.
"You should rest some more, Xiao–"

"No, I have some questions for you retaining his grace."

"Ask away."Aether then takes a seat, getting himself comfortable for the long talk to come.
"I feel like you know more than anyone about his grace so...Why here of all places when you could have taken us anywhere else?"

"Enkanomiya was once a place loved by his grace. It was once called Tokoyo and it used to be above ground but when his grace vanished so many of his favorite places suffered without his protection. The primordial creatures all over Teyvat were chased out, many took refuge here. You see the hoard of primordial bathysmal vishap, they've been alive for a very long time. They've been waiting for his grace to return. His aura soothes their pain so they are at peace right now."

"I'm assuming the other place was Khaenri'ah, right?"

"Yes, I was trying to bring it back to its glory before his grace came back but he came back early."Aether rubs M/n's head with a smile, he then explains that the temple in Khaenri'ah was the only one to react to M/n returning to Teyvat and when he heard that, he had Abyss mages and an abyss Harald; Enjou to watch over him.
"I cannot forgive Lumine, our reunion will not be a happy one the next time I cross paths with her.."