XXXIII

Wʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʙʏss

Capitano scoffs at this for a moment but takes a moment to think it over

Capitano scoffs at this for a moment but takes a moment to think it over... Something wasn't adding up if that were the case of the Abyss not being as it is known.
"Then...How do you explain what happened to Tartaglia then? Explain that, Dainsleif."

"....When his grace vanished there was no one left to protect that sacred kingdom any longer.  Those who protected the Abyss were turned into the monsters that now roam the lands. Due to the curse, it plagued the land of the afterlife yet the curse ended at the border of the main hub of the Abyssal kingdom. Leaving only that place to stand. Tartaglia must have fallen into the tainted area instead of the center."

"But that doesn't explain how he fell in as a child."Dainsleif chuckles for a moment then holds his hand out, suddenly a small item appears in his hand. A beautiful golden feather.
"A gold feather?"

"A marker, to distinguish the dead devotee from the living devotee. Tartaglia's devotion was so strong when he was a child that the being protecting the Abyss mistook Tartaglia as a wandering dead spirit. However, when the portal opened, it opened in the wrong area, plunging Tartaglia into madness. After surviving the whole ordeal, the being discreetly placed this feather inside Tartaglia's body as to not make the same mistake again. As far as I know, only three living being hold this marker."This explanation satisfied Capitano and he nods. Though it was a case of a mistake, he still couldn't help but feel as if the being could have been more careful.
"Then tell me more, if you can. There's something Aether isn't telling us either–"

"Aether!? Aether is on your side?!"Dainsleif stood up from his seat and glares at Capitano. He even went as far as to place himself in front of M/n and Abaddon.
"You can't trust his methods–"

"He seems more tame not that his grace is here. He's been standing down from making moves with the abyss order. Haven't you noticed?"

"I guess that could explain the lack of Abyssal forces..."This realization calms Dainsleif enough for him to stand down and take his seat, Abaddon frowns a bit due to the immediate distrust in allied forces that united under his father.
"Dainsleif you should be a bit more trusting now that my father is back. There's nothing to worry about anymore. Now, could you please answer Mister Capitano?"

"Ah...I guess I could start with the person or being that Aether met.."Dainsleif told them both all he knew, unbeknown to him, Capitano knew this part but there was something he was curious about...
"The sinner is what he called the being–"

"Do you know their name?"

"Possibly...My theory is, the being is a man named Amos; who closes the abyss...His counterpart is Eos; who opens the abyss. Eos is the being who ultimately dropped Myself then Tartaglia into the land of the dead. From what I was told, Amos went insane when the Cataclysm struck, he was so tied up in searching for his grace that he trusted a strange woman who said she knew where to find his grace, only to be cured worse than many of us then...Then she killed him. I'm sure he returned to the abyss with the others yet some part of me believes that he was the Sinner that Aether spoke to me about."Capitano nods his head satisfied for the moment once more and sits back against his chair but not too much.
"Ah, I nearly forgot...Our other travel companions must know of this setback. Though I'm sure they remember what his grace said, I need to notify them now..."

"I can help with that. Tell me their names."Abaddon interjects with a smile. Since he was feeling better, Abaddon could help the tall man.
"Hm?"

"Oh hahaha! I forgot to say that I have telepathic abilities, as long as I know their name I should be able to connect to their thoughts and relay a message to them."Abaddon closes his eyes and then opens them immediately after, his ruby-red eyes seemed to shine brightly and he nods. Capitano lists off the names and says what was needed to Abandon.
"Did it work?"

"Yep, everyone is now informed about father's condition. Let's rest up, hopefully, he'll wake by the morning."