XXXVII

Nᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ

Later that day, M/n was moved to his room to rest even more

Later that day, M/n was moved to his room to rest even more. Aether took care of the Holy being while everyone continues to prepare for his immediate vacation. The fallen star could only sigh as he knelt next to the male he strived to place back on his throne upon return. Aether felt useless because he could not fulfill his mission fast enough but he also knew that M/n's sudden descent was not something he saw coming.
"I wish none of what happened upon your return took place...I was supposed to be there when you return and yet I was so distracted by meeting Lumine that day...I'm a terrible acolyte. The worst of the worst if I—"Aether choke on his own words. Sorrow drowned him. He was supposed to be your greatest acolyte, your sword and shield for eternity!

Yet he felt like such a failure...He couldn't properly protect his god nor his people.
"Ugh... That's not true Aether...You've done the best you could."

"Your grace! How do you feel, should I get Dottore–"

"No, I'm fine but Aether, there are things that can't be predicted. I believe you did everything in your limited power. I just don't understand why you stay in this form I see now?"Aether avoids eyes contact with M/n from this question. Due to this form that Aether took, much of the power he grew into was halved.
"I...I belong beneath you at all times for all times..."

"Why?"

"It's my place! It will always be and I don't mind, I'm happy this way."

"Aether–"M/n sits up and swiftly cuffs the loyal man's face between his hands. Aether jumps from this touch only to jump back with a pair of lips touching his forehead. His movement pulls M/n down and out of his bed as his body changes to cushion M/n's fall.
"Your grace I'm so sorry!"

"There you are~"M/n chuckles happily as he scans the older-formed Aether. The blondie turns scarlet as he looks down at the holy one laying against his body while still holding his face.
"Though I like your cutesy self, I also like this version of you too. I sorta understand why you took that form, you wish to be recognizable to your twin but that's a thing of the past, isn't it? After what she did...You don't need her anymore when you have us here in Snezhnaya. We're your family now, you don't have to close your heart here, and you don't have to be strong alone anymore. You can rely on us, and though your relationship with Dain isn't what it once was that can change. I'll take vengeance for all that happened to my beloved people and for your sake as well. Allow that battered heart to rest Aether, I'm here now and I promise to protect you like you wish to protect me."Tears rush down the abyss male's face as he wraps his arms around M/n and drops his face onto the male shoulder.

Aether couldn't stop the tears even if he wanted to, he just cried on M/n's shoulder. The holy being sighs softly while rubbing Aether's back to soothe him.
"It's going to be fine, Aether."

✨✨✨

"Ugh, my head hurts so much..."

"I bet it does! You cried for two whole hours! I'm surprised you didn't fall asleep after all of that."M/n laughs a bit while poking the blushing man's face which furthers the blush on his face.
"Oh! I wanna see how much taller you are now!"M/n jumps up from Aether's lap and pulls the male up. Though M/n wasn't as small anymore, Aether still manages to tower over him like many others.

"Yep I'm never going to be tall but that's alright!"Aether felt strange looking down at M/n to him it felt almost criminal with how much taller he was

"Yep I'm never going to be tall but that's alright!"Aether felt strange looking down at M/n to him it felt almost criminal with how much taller he was. He drops into a kneel with a bit of a pout when realizing he couldn't pull off his cute acts now that his real form was out.
"Aether–Ack!?"Aether grabs M/n's ankle, lifting it, this makes M/n sit down on his bed.
"Your grace, though I cannot place my head on your lap in this form...that doesn't stop me from kissing your foot."Aether does as he said while maintaining eye contact with the man he was crazy–No insane for.
"When the time comes, I'll capture Morax and drag him here kicking and screaming. Hell even begging for mercy. I'll drop him at your feet and await your orders."Aether felt giddy when seeing the dark look in M/n eyes, a smile forms on his face.
"I can't wait to do what he did to me~"