XVI

Bᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴀʟ

Through many trials, M/n helped Lumine and the resistance to the best of his abilities, and not once had his disguise been compromised, he went as far as to delay the aging effects of the delusions as best as he could to save Teppei but unfortunat...

Through many trials, M/n helped Lumine and the resistance to the best of his abilities, and not once had his disguise been compromised, he went as far as to delay the aging effects of the delusions as best as he could to save Teppei but unfortunately, that didn't last very long.
"Lumine, where's Teppei?"

"He... He's dying..."The woman had tears in her eyes and M/n froze just for a moment and made a decision that couldn't be undone. He ran straight over to where Lumine left the man and grabbed his hands.
"I won't allow you to die!"A bright light blue shine radiates from M/n as he poured all his power into healing Teppei, in all of the stories with deaths of NPCs, Teppei was M/n's favorite!
"You will live to see another day, I promise!!"Lumine and Paimon cover their mouths in shock as Teppei slowly regains his color and his youth. His chest starts to move and M/n lets out a sigh of relief, the man was alive...
"Father Mischa...Who are you?"

"I... I'm–Urp!"Suddenly M/n threw up black blood in the middle of revealing his identity. This causes both girls to scream in panic while M/n sits there a bit confused by this.
Why did I just vomit black blood? Did my body automatically dispel the tainted energy that I took from Teppei?
M/n chuckles a bit and lays Teppei down on his side to rest better and then he calls out to the still-freaking-out Lumine and Paimon.
"Hey, hey! I'm fine!"

"Are you sure?! Maybe we can get Kokomi–"

"No need, but I should be more honest with you. My name is M/n, I'm the great creator of Teyvat."The Constellation on the back of Lumine's hand glows brightly then dims like many others before.
"Your grace...I can't believe it's you!!"

"Just call me M/n when we're alone. Do you have anything to ask of me?"

"Aether! Do you know where he is?!"M/n shakes his head lightly then explains that he never actually met Aether during his time on Teyvat but...Lumine did not believe him one bit. Though on the outside she seemed to show signs of understanding but inside she was angry and full of rage, believing that M/n was lying to her at that moment.

✴️✴️✴️

M/n was running as fast as he was physically able, it had been a few days since he told Lumine who he was and during their journey to help Inazuma, Lumine and M/n got separated for a while. The male ended up in the city while Lumine was at the Narukami shrine. But as more time passed, Xiao saw La Signora heading into Tenshukaku and hours later Lumine.

M/n knew what was to come and he made his way to Tenshukaku to stop the battle or in better terms La Signora's death. Soon as he enters the building, he summons his polearm, and successfully blocks the Raiden! La Signora was in shock but soon became terrified and worried.
"Ngh! Rosalyne, run now! I-I won't be able to hold any longer!"M/n orders as Skyward spine began to break down in the middle. The holy figure continues to hold himself steady as the Electro Archon bares down on his weapon.
"I'm sorry your grace but..."Rosalyne's hand grabs the back of M/n's collar and yanks him back, in that horrible second the last thing M/n sees is her smiling.
"As your sister, your safety will always come first."

"ROSALYNE!!!!"A horrified scream leaves M/n's lips as he watches one of his older sisters turn to ash. Tears flood down M/n's face as he staggers over and drops down near La Signora's ashes. While this happens, he was then approached by Lumine.
"M/n...Tell me where my brother is. You're the all-knowing being, you have to know where he is. If not, I'll expose you–" Lumine grabs the necklace around M/n's neck, the item keeping his real appearance hidden.

The Lumine he loved so much from the game no longer exists.
"Lumine, I promise I don't know..."

"And I don't believe you."She rips the necklace off, exposing M/n's white hair and haunting red eyes. She quickly leaves M/n to face the Shogun on his own without a weapon since the polearm was destroyed...
"I heard from the Tenryou commission got news from the mainland of an Imposter. I will succeed where the other two failed, your days end here.." M/n sat there stunned, Lumine left him...She betrayed him. As The Raiden swings her sword to strike M/n, time slows to a stop as a portal opens just to his left...
"Your grace, collect her ashes and come with me quickly."

"...Aether?"

Aether?"