XXVII

Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇᴍᴘʟᴇ

Venti was fidgeting the entire time even as he held his master's hand to guide him

Venti was fidgeting the entire time even as he held his master's hand to guide him. Aether frowned at this, what could the Anemo Archon be so worried about? It was just a temple, right? Venti walked ahead just to be sure that Diluc wasn't nearby and quickly waves the others over to the door of the shut door of the temple.
"Your grace before you enter...I need you to know about the disciples of fate."

"Who?"

"They were people from all walks of life and from all the nations that had the same white hair as you and their eyes were pink, blue, and on rare occasions red like yours. Signs that they were chosen by you to take care of the temples, however...A witch hunt came into play after you vanished. Many disciples vanished within the first year and many went into hiding but eventually, they were found, killed, and had their blood offered to your statue..."Venti pushes the doors open allowing fresh air into the building, while this happens the stale air moves out quickly. It was a heavy smell of dried blood.
"Who started this..?"M/n's voice shook as he enters the building.
"....In Mondstadt it was the Ragnvindr family."

"What?"

"This all happened during the Cataclysm, so none of the Archons knew the dangers of leaving them unattended. The fear that they must have experienced was great...But two of them survived, I wasn't sure until Lumine came here.."Hearing that name made M/n's head hurt for a moment but he continues to listen to the bard.
"What does she have to do with this."

"It's who she brought with her, Paimon. She is one of the two people that somehow survived. But...She doesn't seem to remember anything.."Kaeya, Aether, and Scaramouche all stare at Venti just as M/n quickly turns from his blood-stained statue.
"She was protecting a boy named Abaddon, both disciples from Khaenri'ah but Abaddon was the only child with pure red eyes. He was a seer that made the trip to Mondstadt to spread the news of your return in the future but...That's exactly the time that the Ragnvindr clan refuted this claim and started the murder of the disciples. When I returned this was all told to me. No one knew what happened to the two children but it was clear that they survived the massacre..."The Statue crack as a dangerous look passes M/n's eyes, an entire group massacred because of their looks and what they represented.

M/n sighs heavily and then destroyed his statue causing the temple to shake.
"Your grace?!"

"Unfortunately, they must suffer for their crimes. I've got what I came for plus more, we must find Abaddon."M/n calmly walks out of the temple that was now falling apart around him and the others. They made it out and watched the rest of the building cave in on itself.
"Venti, let's leave."

"Of course, your grace but...May I do one thing with the power you'll restore to me?"Venti smiles sweetly leaving everyone else a bit confused about what the bard had planned to do.

✴️✴️✴️

In Liyue, Zhongli was leisurely sipping tea in Mt. Aocang, it seemed like a normal day on the mountain but something felt off, the wind wasn't blowing as it usually did on one of the high peaks, no birds either... Something felt wrong.
"Morax~"A familiar voice booms around him as the wind races through the peak in one swift second. Startled beyond belief Zhongli staggers into the nearby tree when placing his eyes upon an old version of his friend; Barbados.

 Startled beyond belief Zhongli staggers into the nearby tree when placing his eyes upon an old version of his friend; Barbados

"What's the meaning of this?!"

"Oh, you know why don't play stupid."There wasn't a playful note in Venti's voice once so ever, if anything that scared the former Geo Archon.
"How dare you turn your back on the man who raised us!? We are the only original Archons left and yet you turned your back on the holy figure! Tsk, you thought I was weak this entire time but you never knew that I chose to be. Now I have all that power I declined in the beginning. This is your last warning Morax, you can either beg for mercy now or watch this place fall to ruins by my hands at his graces order~. Now for my parting gift!"Venti uses his newly returned power to slice a mountain in half before vanishing with the violent winds.
"P-power he declined?"