IV

Mᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs ʀᴇsᴛ

"The wind seems different today

"The wind seems different today..."Kazuha mutters to himself as he treads through the land of Sumeru, he was just above Mawtiyima forest when he heard what seemed to be children sing with the wind. He was worried though he was no longer a wanted man, he couldn't help but be wary of where the wind and gentle singing led him. It was a cave, nothing seemed special about it until he steps in, streaks of red and gold blood leading to the back.
"Hello? Are you injured?"Nothing at first until a violent gust of wind nearly knocks him off his feet and now he is face to face with an angry giant bird that he's never seen before.

It flares its wings at Kazuha to get him away but the bird staggers for a moment before screeching once again.
"You're wounded...That blood is crusted around the arrows, how long have you been hurt..."Kazuha voices his concern for the bird but it didn't back down. That's when Kazuha sees what's behind the bird, a body.
"I won't hurt either of you, allow me to help -Gah! It burns!"Kazuha clutches his shoulder, the constellation lights up, this causes the bird to back down and move back to the body.
"Who is that?"

"His grace, the great creator."A voice Kazuha has heard once comes from the bird that was striking down in size to reveal the Yaksha. He was panting as he leaned against the nearby cave wall.
"Xiao, how long have you been injured?!"

"Three or four days. I've been too worried about his grace, please tend to him first..."Xiao pulls the arrows that Ganyu shot at him while he escaped with M/n. Kazuha quickly moved over to M/n the gasp, Xiao was telling the truth, the man was the creator. He quickly pulls out his bandage and begins to clean up the blood on the still-sleeping male's face.
"How is it?"

"...His right eye is damaged. How did this happen?"Xiao sighs heavily and then explains what happened before he brought them to Mawtiyima forest to hide. Kazuha couldn't believe it but knew that Sumeru nor Inazuma would be safe for the holiest creature in Teyvat.
"Xiao, This place isn't safe either, but for now you two need rest. Where are the other two? Kaeya and Rubedo?"

"Kaeya is still in Mondstadt from what Rubedo told me but where Rubedo is...I have no idea. His grace saved him before Rex lapis could kill him. Everyone thinks he's an imposter, why is this happening?"

"Who knows but the only place I can think of that this slander won't reach is Snezhnaya but once again the condition you two are in, traveling isn't an option right now...You won't like this but I know two other people who have been blessed by his grace. Their names are Tighnari and Tartaglia, their marks are easier to see compared to mine. If we can get everyone here in one spot at once our travels should be safer."Kazuha finished patching M/n up then moves to the Yaksha to tend to his injuries.
"I can't grasp the fact that Rex lapis tried to kill his grace...Was his devotion a lie?"

"Maybe it's because the ones who are truly blessed by the almighty can tell if it's him or not? Lumine has a mark on the back of her hand but she seems to hate it, I was honestly offended when she looked at it with such malice. But it could be about her search for her brother."Kazuha explains that Lumine thinks the creator is responsible for the separation of her and her twin when it's not the case.
"Does Lumine not know that his grace went missing years before her arrival?"

"No, no she doesn't. Anyway, was that your true form?"Xiao nods before shifting back and lying down next to M/n to keep him warm as he slept.
"I'll gather some food, water, and a chance of clothes for his grace. It's unreal how he bleeds gold, I used to think it was just a part of the tales they told children but it's true. Rest easy Xiao, I'll be back."