Chapter 59

On the eve of the college entrance exams, Lin Siyun, who had been in the limelight for the past three years, suddenly died in a car accident. Not only did she die in a miserable manner, but she was not even allowed to be free after her death. She was influenced by mysterious forces and turned into a ghost to make random killings.

At first, Ji Mingxia thought that Lin Siyun’s abnormal changes were related to this blood-red ring but looking back, it must be that Lin Siyun could not resist the temptation of the ring and made perverse choices time and again in exchange for beauty and glory.  Eventually leading to the loss of her life to the ring.

Li Youzi’s life had also undergone considerable changes.

She went from being a video blogger with little fame to an internet sensation with a huge fan base that brings in countless amounts of money.

In contrast to Lin Siyun, Li Youzi was naturally beautiful and had good academic performance. It may be that she did not have so many wishes so the blood red ring did not reap her life in exchange.

Upon realising that there was something wrong with the ring, Li Youzi, with her intelligence, must have associated it with her six best friends whom she met online.

Since playing that game and giving two rings to Li Youzi and Lin Siyun, those six friends of hers had become more and more fortunate in their careers, and had amassed fortunes.

They didn’t have the rings, but they had such luck so it was obvious that everything was based on the sacrifice of two.

As soon as Lin Siyun died, Li Youzi planned this forest holiday, and a group of people with different agendas gathered together.

A death occurred in the space of one night.

The first to die was Lu Liang, followed by Shi Wei.

Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning didn’t witness the two deaths and there was no way to judge the truth.

The third person to die was Zhou Li, who was killed by Song Yuelin.

Five days after Zhou Li’s death, Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning entered the forest and met Song Yuelin by chance.

Song Yuelin introduced the rules of the hide-and-seek game to Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning: the monster comes at dusk to play hide-and-seek with the humans, and the first one to be found will be slaughtered and taken away.

When dusk came, Song Yuelin, Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia hid together.

Song Yuelin seemed to have good intentions, but in reality he had a different ambition. After hiding, Song Yuelin deliberately exposed Ji Mingxia to the monster.

However, the monster was not interested in Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning. In addition, Yu Ning had two mysterious items to protect them. In the end, Song Yuelin, who thought that he was very clever by leading the monster to kill Ji Mingxia and Yu Ning, ended up as the monster’s target.

To save his life, Song Yuelin sacrificed Zhou Li’s corpse to the monster and escaped.

Up to this point, there was one loophole in Song Yuelin’s words.

There were seven people in the forest, and the monster appeared at dusk every day to kill at least one person.

But it was Song Yuelin’s fifth day in the forest, and even Zhou Li, whom he killed, and Li Youzi, who was mistakenly thought to be dead, were added, the monster had only killed four people in total.

The monster had killed four people in five days, so what was it doing on the unaccounted day?

Song Yuelin fled, and only Yu Ning and Ji Mingxia were left at the scene so they had too little information to speculate on the truth.