Chapter 15

Ji Mingxia sat beside Yu Ning for two days until the day before the college entrance exams, when the school gave everyone a special holiday to confirm their exam venues.

Yu Ning was lucky enough to be drawn to take the exam at school, while Ji Mingxia, Zhao Zhuoye, and the others had to take their exams at another secondary school in Funan County.

Early in the morning, Ji Mingxia was pulled out of school by Zhao Zhuoye.

The residential students spent a lot of time at school and only had the opportunity to go out on weekends.

After senior year, there were even fewer opportunities to go out of school.

The last time Zhao Zhouye and the others left the school was two months ago, so once they left the school, they were like wild horses, dragging Ji Mingxia everywhere in a hurry.

After confirming their exam venue in the morning, the group went to the shopping mall in the afternoon and settled down in the food court for a meal.

Although the food in the canteen was good, it was still far from the food in the food court.

The food was so good that Ji Mingxia and his roommates ate as much as they could, and before he left, he packed a few snacks for Yu Ning to take back with him.

Although the county was small and the buses were slow, there was a stop right outside the school gate, so it was easy to get back to school.

Seeing that the school was just around the corner, Ji Mingxia and the others got off the bus one by one.

The snacks that Ji Mingxia bought for Yu Ning included spicy skewers and filling shrimp dumplings, so they had some of each.

A cool breeze blew by, and Ji Mingxia hurriedly gripped his bag, but the more he walked, the cooler the surrounding area became.

It was a hot summer day, and he had just been sweating in the food court, but on arriving at the school gate, it was suddenly chilly.

He was sensitive to the chill that penetrated his bones, and he immediately scanned the area.

The next moment, he saw a faint candle light shimmering in the distance.

As the exams were about to start, all the other grades were on holiday and only the senior students were around the school.

The entrance to the school was quiet, and although the lights were bright, there were always dark areas that could not be illuminated.

The candle flame burned in the darkness, and with the eerie chill, Ji Mingxia immediately turned pale.

His first reaction was, 'Damn, Yu Ning is not here!'

The next moment, Ji Mingxia heard Zhao Zhouye whisper, "Is there someone there…"

It was fine that he didn’t speak, but when he said this, everyone’s expressions changed.

In the end, Chen Zhen was the first to react: "Oh, don’t scare yourselves. I remembered, I just saw in the class group that Lin Siyun’s parents are coming to the school gate tonight."

"Lin Siyun's parents?" a surprised roommate inquired, "It's late at night; what's going on there?"

"This atmosphere, why does it feel a bit ……"

Chen Zhen said, "It’s time to light a candle for Lin Siyun."

The faces of the group looked a little better as they confirmed that the corner was being operated by a live person.

However, the coolness was still a little scary, even if all the boys were present, they all felt a little nervous.

Out of politeness, everyone deliberately looked away and stopped staring in the direction of the candle.