Chapter 77

Grandma Ji was looking at Ji Mingxia with a stern face but couldn’t help trembling when she saw Ji Mingxia, who was clearly scared to death as well, trying to show a smile to comfort her.

The cloudy eyes became moist, Grandma Ji looked at Ji Mingxia and opened her mouth. She wanted to say something to him, but could not make any sound, only the sound of rapid breathing.

Seeing this, Ji Mingxia hurriedly asked to Zhou Tao: “Why can’t she speak?”

“She’s a little stimulated so it’s normal that she can’t sleep.” Zhou Tao said indifferently, then urged, “You have seen the person, isn't it time to cooperate with me?”

He said, licking the saliva that was about to run down the corner of his mouth as he looked at Ji Mingxia greedily, hating that he couldn’t suck his longevity dry on the spot.

Ji Mingxia looked at Grandma Ji, who was unable to speak, and remained silent.

The eerie green light shining on Grandma Ji’s body was reflected on Ji Mingxia’s face.

He slightly lowered his head, and for the first time, fury appeared on the usually cheerful face.

With his back to Zhou Tao, he held his cell phone in one hand and quickly did a few things with the other.

“You said I was special, not just because I have enough energy in me to increase you and Zhou Mei’s life span, but also because it’s impossible for you to suck the life span out of me without my agreement, right?”

Zhou Tao slightly narrowed his eyes at Ji Mingxia’s words, “Ji Mingxia, what do you mean, are you trying to backtrack? Do you think that I can’t do anything to you just because you met Grandma Ji, do you?”

“It seems that I guessed right.” Ji Mingxia laughed a little.

Zhou Tao heard Ji Mingxia’s laugh and a bad premonition rose in his heart.

Ji Mingxia should be timid, frightened, losing hus mind, and completely at his mercy.

Even if he laughed, it should be shrill and crazy.

How can a terrified person make such a mocking laughter at this moment?

Thinking about this, Zhou Tao’s face changed and he quickly went towards the stairs.

The moment he stepped on the stairs, Ji Mingxia, as if fully anticipating his action, turned around and raised an object in his hand, aiming it at Zhou Tao…

Zhou Tao only saw a blinding light in his eyes and he reflexively closed his eyes.

But it was still too late.

The whole house was dark and only Grandma Ji’s body was illuminated by the pale green light. But this light was extremely dim and one could only use it to make things out.

Zhou Tao had adapted to the dark environment so the sudden blinding light made him scream. He took a step backward while covering his eyes.

The physiological reaction caused his eyes to wrinkle together and shed physical tears on the spot.

Leave alone walking up to Grandma Ji, he couldn’t even lift his head in the face of the blinding light, nor could he open his eyes.

“Ji Mingxia, you fucking ……” Zhou Tao couldn’t help cursing when he realized that he had been tricked by Ji Mingxia.

But soon, he couldn’t even curse.

A burning smell floated through the corridor.

Ji Mingxia shone the flashlight in Zhou Tao’s eyes, and immediately switched on the lighter that had been hidden in the coin box.