Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Namjoon had ceased jotting down notes, captivated by the depth of Jungkook's revelations. It was refreshing not to have to extract every word from Jungkook to grasp his thoughts.

"I have also hesitated to be intimate with him because I desire a more meaningful connection. I believe that's the only aspect that has captured his attention when it comes to me. Although I recently discovered that during pregnancy, there is a heightened chance of arousal, can you confirm this as a medical professional?

I want to ensure that I provide support and assistance to him during his pregnancy while also maintaining a balanced and respectful relationship and not being used for intimacy purposes only.

I have experienced being treated that way before, and it is unacceptable for it to occur again. I'm looking for something authentic. I'd love to wear a ring similar to yours, my brother's, and those I've encountered. I desire someone who can be exclusively mine and claim me as their own. Why does everyone else get that, but I can't?"

Namjoon set his notebook aside, fully focused on Jungkook as he spoke, "I want to acknowledge and applaud you for opening up to me today. Please take a moment to feel proud of yourself for sharing this. From all of our previous sessions - today, I have noticed an admirable amount of vulnerability from you.

I want to express my appreciation for your trust and willingness to share your emotions with me. That said, I want to offer my support in discussing the matters you have shared with me. Together, we can explore practical steps to address the concerns you have raised. What do you think of that?"

"If I find them useful, then potentially," Jungkook replied, his defenses coming back up, already feeling vulnerable after revealing so much to Namjoon.

Namjoon nodded, familiar with Jungkook's reactions from past experiences.

"That's great! Given the amount of information shared today, it's important to start with simple steps that are easy for you to understand and adjust to. This way, you can assess the changes and decide which ones you feel comfortable making."

"And what are those simple steps? Will we get to them today?"

Namjoon smiled, "Yes, Jungkook, I was about to address them. Based on your previous interactions with Seokjin and the challenges that have occurred, I offer a few suggestions. Consider the importance of these suggestions, not just for yourself, Seokjin, but also for the child you are about to welcome into your world.

The first thing I want you to do is learn. Make an effort to gain insight into Seokjin's priorities and values. It could be about his perspectives on relationships, professional life, favored meals, or any other topic. The goal here is to create an environment where he feels comfortable and engaged in the conversation.

Additionally, as he starts to open up and you start to gain insight, it's important for you also to be open and share what you feel comfortable with him knowing about you. This way, he can also learn and understand you better, which happens organically.

Next, I want you to take a moment to reflect before you speak. I don't believe it's necessary to delve into this topic extensively since we have already covered it in multiple sessions. However, if you feel it would be helpful for me to provide further clarification, please feel free to let me know.

Lastly, please consistently attend our weekly sessions instead of occasionally missing them, as you have recently done. Consistency is key to maximizing the benefits of our sessions and your progress. We have a lot to work on, and I want to support you."

Jungkook gazed at Namjoon, his eyes filled with curiosity. "Are any of these suggestions going to make a difference in my relationship with Seokjin?" he inquired. "You expect me to analyze, evaluate, and reconsider my words and meet with you every week, even though it hasn't been helpful for me. Despite all this time spent with you, I still haven't been able to make any progress in being with the person I want."

"To make progress, Jungkook, it's important to be receptive to the suggestions I've shared and avoid resisting the help I offer."

"What help can you provide? I inquired about the accuracy of one's level of arousal during pregnancy, but even as a medical professional, you were unable to provide a response. Should I also learn that from Seokjin?"

Namjoon sighed, "I'm sorry for not addressing your question earlier, but it is indeed possible for someone's arousal and sensitivity to increase during pregnancy. Jungkook, I know you are aware that I am here to support you, and it seems that you are experiencing a lot of anxiety and frustration lately, which is not uncommon, especially when dealing with the sudden changes you have been-"

"What if I don't succeed as a father? I am fond of Seokjin but am willing to accept if he doesn't reciprocate my feelings and move on. Even though I already deeply cherish my child and cannot bear the thought of losing them, I am plagued by the fear that they may come to realize my shortcomings and choose to exclude me from their life. In such a situation, I am at a loss for what steps to take.

Also, the company has a policy in place that grants new parents a year off work. Is this benefit also available to me, or is it exclusively for someone like Seokjin?

How can I determine the correct size when shopping for the baby? Is there a resource available to determine the initial measurement? I can have the person who makes my suit start preparing clothes, but I'm unsure about the size they should make. What steps should I take to prepare Bam for meeting our new baby? What-"

"Jungkook, it would be helpful for you to take a moment and take a deep breath."

*****

A/N: This chapter is shorter than usual intentionally, as I have chosen to separate a much longer chapter into two chapters. The next chapter will follow within the week.