CXXIX: Owls

Dear Sirius,

I reckon I just imagined my scar hurting. I was half asleep when I wrote to you last time. There's no point in coming back, everything's fine here. Don't worry about me, my head feels completely normal.

Harry

Nice Try, Harry.

I'm back in the country and well hidden. I want you to keep me posted on everything that's going on at Hogwarts. Don't use Hedwig, keep changing owls, and don't worry about me, just watch out for yourself. Don't forget what I said about your scar.

Sirius

Dear Professor Lupin,

I think I made a mistake. I sent Sirius a letter and worried him unnecessarily. He wrote me back saying he was back in the country and I am very worried whether this means he will be more easy to find by the Ministry. They're still hunting for him, you know, it's in the paper everyday how they're searching like mad for him! I feel really guilty because I worried him for no reason. Honestly, my scar is fine and I reckon I just was being a bit of a baby when I wrote him. Is there any way you might talk to him and tell him that things are OK? Maybe he will listen to you better since you're so smart and all.

Thanks. 

Harry

Dear Harry,

I'll try to talk to Sirius the first opportunity that I have. In the mean time, you are welcome to write to me with any concerns you have about your scar if you have them. I hope that you are well and that you are staying safe.

Remus

Dear Professor Lupin,

Thank you. I will write you if it hurts again.

Harry

My Love,

I can only pray that this owl might reach you somehow. I dreamed of our home last night and wished so very much that we were there once more. I followed after you, you know, when you left me. I foolishly convinced myself that we would be back there again soon, and now I see that we're destined to be away for some time.

Harry wrote me. He says he wishes for you to remain safe above all else. It may be best to reconsider being in the UK and return home. The Headmaster can help Harry should he be in need again.

In the process of trying to follow after you, I have run into some complications to do with my Furry Little Problem. There is reason to believe that the Ministry may well have placed a trace upon me as result of contact I had with a particular official with whom we've had words in the past. The Headmaster advises me that I ought to steer clear for a time and see if I am followed or detected before attempting to reunite with you - he fears that it may be dangerous for you if the trace is upon me.

The Headmaster has asked me to help him with a small matter that should only take a short time, which will act as a help for the Order and a test to see if the trace is truly upon me. Once I finish there, and prove that I am clean of the trace, if you give me some idea of where you are I will see to it that I am there as well. I wish nothing more than your safety, however, and so I must confirm that the trace is not active before I attempt at finding you again.

Perhaps it is for the best that I do not know where you are. The less I know, the less I can tell should the Ministry come questioning... Just like the old days, I suppose.

I love you and desperately miss you. I regret ever leaving our house.

Your Moony

Remus

Do whatever you think is best. You always have.

Sirius

Mr. Remus J. Lupin,

NOTICE OF VIOLATION OF TERMS

The Ministry for Magic regrets to inform you that you now stand in violation of the terms of your registration agreement and are hereby charged with a Failure to Appear at your registration appointment with our agent, Mr. Chase Volsung. As such, the Ministry has hereby issued an intent to collect and a warrant for your capture.

You may voluntarily turn yourself in, should you wish to avoid forcible collection, at any time during business hours. At the time of your arrival, the Ministry shall require payment in full of a fine in the amount of seven hundred galleons or approximately 3,500 GBP.

Wishing you a magical day!

Griselda Vane

Department for the Control of Magical Creatures

Dumbledore,

Enclosed, please find a notice which I received from the Ministry for Magic this morning. Your advice would be most appreciated... Do you suppose this means they've put the trace upon me? Seeing as this arrived here to the inn? What ought I to do? 

Remus

Mr. Lupin,

I have made arrangements for you at an inn in Akureyri. See enclosed information about your reservation. From there, I shall give you further instruction. Send no more owls to any of your Friends until I have had time to investigate what this means for the trace. I will forward any word you wish to send - with discretion, of course.

Dumbledore

Dumbledore,

I arrived to Akureyri this morning and have checked into the inn here as directed. I found your instruction here and I will be making my first contact with my Old Friends this weekend and hope to have some news for you then.

Have you had time to look into the Trace?

Please pass along my love and regrets to our Mutual Friend. If you have a way,  please inform him of our concern and the reason for my lack of communication. It will not be well received, this news, and I wish for him to know that it is only for his safety that our estrangement has been enforced but that we are doing all we can to make the reparations.

We are doing all that we can... aren't we, sir?

Remus

Mr. Lupin,

I assure you that I am doing all I can to see to it that things work out precisely as they need to.

Dumbledore

Dear Mr. Kent,

While we thank you for previous work you have done for Viktor I write now to inform you that we have decided to go a different direction for future training and your services will no longer be required moving forward. Find enclosed your final payment. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Oskar Krum