CIII: Moonage Daydream

I'm an alligator
I'm a mama-papa calling for you

I'm a space invader

I'll be a rock and rolling bitch for you
Keep your mouth shut
You're squawking like a pink monkey bird
And I'm busting up my brains for the words
You know I am
Keep your electric blue eye on me, babe

Put your ray gun to my head

Press your space face close to mine, love
And freak out in a moonage day dream, oh yeah...

Remus was laying on his back on the floor, eyes closed, fingers laced through Sirius's. Sirius was loudly singing along with the words of the lyrics as Bowie played, the guitar riffs felt like they were controlling the floor's stability and Remus laughed as they tilted.

"I feel sideways."

"You look sideways," Sirius said.

"I think we are sideways."

"No we're laying down."

"That is sideways," Remus was honestly not sure even as he spoke, "Scientifically speaking."

"Is it?"

"Well maybe not. I don't know. I can't tell anymore."

"Maybe we're laying up?"

"What? How does one lay up? Like in sportsing? That's sportsing. Muggle sportsing," Remus rambled. "Basket ball."

Sirius waved his palms like he was playing basketball.

"What are we talking about?" Remus asked.

"I don't know anymore." Sirius snorted and covered his face with his free palm, laughing into his hand.

"Tell me about the Bowie concert?" Sirius asked. "Was it as amazing as this is right now?"

"I told you it was not fun," Remus said, "But this is."

"Who did you go with?"

Remus was quiet.

"Mooooooony."

"Spencer Stewart."

There was silence for several long minutes, then, "I suppose I ought to have guessed that."

"If it helps any, neither of us were really happy about it by the time the night was over," Remus said. And suddenly this was no longer a tragedy, but a comedy in his mind and he started laughing, covering his face with his palms, "Oh my God, it was so bad, Sirius." He started laughing so hard that he brought his knees up to his chest and hugged them as he rolled to the side so he was staring at Sirius.

Sirius's hair was splayed out around him like he'd been poured onto the floor, his brightly printed shirt unbuttoned and laying opened, butterflied on the ground so that his chest was bared and his tattoos showed dark against the skin. 

Remus shifted closer.

"I think I told him about me being a werewolf."

Sirius snorted, "What did he say?"

"That's cool man," Remus said, imitating the tone of Spencer Stewart's voice perfectly.

Sirius laughed, barking.

"He didn't remember it next day. I barely remembered telling him. But I panicked all night that he would remember and it would turn into a whole THING if you know what I mean."

"A whole thing," Sirius murmured.

"An entire thing," Remus said back.

They were quiet a few minutes.