Enough for Everyone

Sunlight filtered through the curtains in the Potter cottage and Jasper woke in the guest bedroom to find Sirius Black sitting on the edge of the bed, grinning down at him. Jasper stared up at him, blinking, unsure if he was a hallucination or not.

"Morning Sunshine," Sirius said lowly.

Jasper rubbed the sleep from his eyes and sat up. "Gordon Bennett, Sirius, what'choo doin' starin' at me like that?" he asked. 

"Why? Do you find it weird?"

"Yes, actually."

Sirius threw his head back with his loud, barking laughter, a wide grin spreading over his mouth. "Sorry, it wasn't my intention. I just wanted to tell you. I forgot to tell you one of my best tips about marriage last night."

"What's that, Sirius?" Jasper asked.

Sirius took a deep breath and he leaned closer, wagged his fingers for Jasper to come real close and he bent in and whispered his tip into Jasper's ear. Jasper blinked as Sirius whispered and then he pulled back and stared at Sirius. "Bloody hell." 

Sirius grinned. 

"You're filthy."

"I know." Sirius grinned. "But trust me."

"I'm getting dressed now."

Sirius's eyes sparkled.

"Go away. I can't look at you after hearing you say that."

Sirius laughed again - that same barking laugh.

The door opened and James stuck his head in. "Morning." He saw the look on Jasper's face, then looked at Sirius. "Oh c'mon Sirius, what've you done?"

"Nothing that Meg won't thank me for," Sirius replied, sliding up off the bed to his feet.

"Go get Remus and Peter and the others moving, will you?" James demanded. 

Sirius grinned. "Yes sir." He glanced at Jasper. "You can thank me later."

Jasper turned bright red.

"GO!" James pointed to the door. Sirius's laugh echoed down the hallway as he went and James shook his head. "I'm sorry, we can't keep him leashed all the time, though I do blame him wandering about the house all alone this early in the morning on Remus." James stepped inside and closed the door, then went and got the zipped clothing bag that held Jasper's outfit for the day. He unzipped it and pulled out the hanger inside. "Are you excited? Nervous?"

"Yes," Jasper answered. 

James smiled, "I remember all too well the feeling." He dusted off the trousers. "But you've got nothing really to worry about, you and Meg are great together."

"We are." Jasper smiled.

There was a knock on the door and it pushed opened a bit and Oliver Kent stuck his head in the gap. "Hullo - we okay to come in?"

"Hey! Of course," Jasper smiled and the door pushed opened and in poured Kevin, Michael, Nate, and Eli. Kevin carried a tray of breakfast and Eli had Yertle in his box. All five boys were dressed in khaki-coloured trousers and a dark forest green oxford with leather trousers - identical to the outfit that Jasper had in the zippered bag James had just opened up for him to dress in. "Look at you lot," Jasper said, eyes crinkling with joy at the boys.