The James Potter Omelete Song

"Eggs are good, eggs are grand - eggs are tasty when they're fried with ham... Eggs with peppers in, eggs with cheese on, eggs are good but I prefer bacon..."

"What in Godric's name are you singing?" Lily laughed, coming into the kitchen behind James, who had tied her pink flowery apron on about his torso and was singing as he waved his wand to chop onions, ham, cheese, and all the other delicious things that goes into an omelet. He was dancing about, swinging his hips and threw back his head to toss his hair up from his forehead, fingers covered with the smell of green peppers, the element he was doing manually. Lily wrapped her arms around him, buckling her fingers together at his waist as she pressed her cheek against his bicep, looking over the culinary masterpiece he was mid-way in creating.

"The James Potter Omelet Song," he laughed, grinning at her crookedly, his lip caught up on that tooth the way she fancied. "Going to be a top ten hit, yeah?"

"Most assuredly," Lily answered, nodding, then sang in her high, fluttery voice, "Eggs are good, eggs are grand - eggs are tasty when they're fried with ham..."

James hummed along and she swayed behind him as he continued on dancing, his bum grinding against her as she held onto him.

"God you're an idiot," she said lovingly.

"I'm your idiot," James beamed, throwing the peppers into a large bowl as the onions, ham, and cheese joined them and mixed together by magic. He shot a spell over his shoulders and eggs came floating over, cracking themselves against the edge of the bowl, the shells flying out the window to the compost heap in the garden. James turned about to face Lily and wrapped his arms around her. "Remember the time I made you omelets and we watched Doctor Who?"

They both decided not to think about what had happened after watching Doctor Who.

"I do," she replied. "You're a very good omelet maker."

"Top notch," he nodded. "Practically a professional."

"You must be paid in order to be a professional at something, James."

James grinned, "I didn't mention the bill?"

"Oh? There's a bill?"

"Indeed. You owe me about... ehhhh... a hundred and... thirty-nine kisses for these omelets."

"Oh my, what expensive omelets."

"You're not just paying for the omelets, you're paying for the experience... and the view." He winked at her and grinned arrogantly, and she rolled her eyes and he laughed.

"Well," she said, "I best start paying off my debt." She puckered her lips and he leaned down to meet her and his hands slid down her back and grabbed hold of her --

"Oh you two are positively vomit-inducing," Sirius announced.

Flanked by Remus and Peter, Sirius was carrying a large plate full of Remus's french toast, which he put down on the table as he bounded into the kitchen and inserted himself between Lily and James so that he was between their outstretched arms, "Do I get one, too, Prongs?"

James kissed Sirius's forehead.

"Hold up. Mine wasn't as good as hers," Sirius complained.

Lily said, "It isn't Tuesday, nor a bank holiday."

"And your husband is watching," intoned Remus from the table, where he was putting down a large pitcher of what looked like bubbly orange juice. "Mimosas," he said. "No brunch is complete without them, I hear."

"I said that," Sirius took credit gleefully.

Remus said, "Never mind the loads of people who have said it before him that led my husband to the conclusion in the first place, mind."