Stuff Cadmus Peverell Told Me About Tom Riddle

STUFF CADMUS PEVERELL TOLD ME ABOUT TOM RIDDLE

I, Regulus Arcturus Black, of the most noble house, do hereforth record that which I have personally learned through my investigations into the person of one, Tom Riddle, alternatively and most heinously known by the false name of Lord Voldemort.

From whence came the name of Lord Voldemort, I haven not yet discovered, but his true given name was Thomas Marvolo Riddle Junior. Called a Junior, though his father gave not his full name - Marvolo was not a name from the Riddle line but from the line of his mother, the line which has given him magic.

First and foremost let it be known to the reader who is deceived that Lord Voldemort is no pureblood as he would have his followers blindly believe but of mixed blood, what he himself would hypocritically refer to as a "mudblood", a half blood, the son of a woman who wished to denounce her name and her abilities in order to be with a "filthy" muggle man. Noble, of no doubt, the richest in either of the towns of Hangleton and of fair status in any of the proper towns of the area. Well to do in finances and breeding does not always pace out to a gentleman, however.

Just look at me. Just look at Sirius.

Filthy blood traitors, the both of us.

Though I'll never get to the level that Sirius is at in rebelling. There's just no way to best "queer husband of a werewolf" is there? I couldn't even manage at being sorted Gryffindor. 

I first met Lord Voldemort when I was too young to understand that the man in my mother's library was not visiting to play gobstones with me. I once tried to make him do as a small child before my mother sent me to my room to play my gobstones with my house elf.

Now that very man is the one whose death I seek to be the catalyst to.

He would have the Death Eaters believe he is immortal. He is not. Not once I am finished, at least. If you are reading this, then I have perished in my work of it and without regrets for if I die bringing him even one mite closer to the death of disgrace and dishonor that he deserves then my life has been lived completely and for utmost purpose.

I wish only that I could be in the room when the spell which kills him is fired to watch that old creep die. He would not have to hold me by my chin or cast some sort of weird imperius curse to make me watch that with unblinking eyes. 

Cadmus Peverell, the middle of the Three Brothers of lore, knew Tom before he was Voldemort. Cadmus knew Tom when he was a boy, just eleven, at Hogwarts School for his first yet. Running messenger between student and master, Cadmus Preverell was Tom's connection to the original dark wizard, Gellert Grindelwald, who had collected Tom into his own plans.

Here's what Cadmus told me. 

Tom was born to a woman who had used amortentia to seduce a well-to-do muggle man into marrying her (the so-called Tom Riddle "Senior" of Little Hangleton, who was later brutally murdered by his own son). She lost control of her husband while pregnant with Tom and was so heart broken she avowed to quit magic altogether. Somehow she created something called an obscurial, Cadmus was unclear how that worked since he was not familiar with the details of Merope Gaunt's obscurial. However, Tom apparently inherited this obscurial and it effected his being growing up.

Obscurials are like reservoirs of unused magic that builds up in a magical person when the use of magic is suppressed. Without knowing the details entirely, from only my own research upon obscurials, I believe what may have happened was Merope Gaunt was likely either a squib with intense magical blood or else a very powerful witch who was in some sort of oppressive environment that forced her to suppress her true magic or to hide herself in some way. If magic is suppressed too long, it begins to burst out. It's the same idea as when a wizard kid is growing up and they get to the age of 8 or 9 - especially powerful wizard children will start exhibiting bouts of accidental magic even younger - and those little things are the magic building up and releasing itself. In adults, the magic is already stronger anyway and the longer it's denied, the more power is being generated and turned in on itself and it becomes a violent force.