LXXXVII: Dear Harry (updated)

Note: The first letter was originally posted on its own chapter but I realized afterward the rest of the chapter didn't copy/paste into the update! Here is the full chapter as it was intended to be. Sorry for the confusion!!

Dear Harry,

DO NOT EAT ANY MORE GRAPEFRUIT. Remus says that you're likely allergic to it if you're getting funny feelings in your mouth and seeing as Remus Lupin is the smartest man alive, I reckon you ought to listen to him and STOP EATING GRAPEFRUIT. He says to avoid oranges, lemons, and limes as well until you're able to see Madam Pomfrey about it in the hospital wing at Hogwarts - sooner if you can do it with the Dunderheads watching over you. He says there's a potion that will remedy the symptoms but we haven't the ingredients to mix you a bottle here, so you'll need to get some from Pomfrey.

If that giraffe necked woman you call Auntie tries feeding you another grapefruit, you tell her that your godfather will turn this hippogriff toward Surrey so fast her bloody pearls will spin 'round backwards.

As for the story and how it reminds me of your dad, honestly Harry most things remind me of James. There is not a single day which passes by that I don't wish I could floo him up and tell him a hundred things.

I miss your father incredibly much.

I did hear about Remus resigning. He told me himself. We're both keeping low of the Ministry, but if you need either of us you needn't hesitate to send an owl and we'll be there. I'm so very sorry that we haven't been in the past, Harry. I know I for one intend to make it up to you in any and every way I possibly can.

Please, be careful out there, Harry. It's a weird world and I love you too much to see you be hurt anymore by it.

Sirius

P.S., I'll send something better when I am able, but for now here is some rugbraud and súkkulaðibollur. (Don't ask me how to pronounce it. I'm copying directly off the bakery sign. Even Remus can't say it and he is the smartest man alive, as previously mentioned.)

Dear Sirius,

No more grapefruit. Got it. Aunt Petunia will be terribly excited when I stop eating - she'll think I'm starving myself to death and I am sure that all of the Dursleys will be quite disappointed when I manage to make it through the summer.

Speaking of, thank you very much for this unpronouncable stuff, it's very good and a great replacement for the grapefruits. My friend Ron also sent me some corned beef sandwiches and Hernione sent me some sugar free treats as well, so my secret hiding place under the floor board has become a bit of a pantry.

Have you met my Aunt Petunia before? She really does have an unusually long neck. I felt bad for laughing when you said that thing about the giraffe, at least until she was nasty to me this afternoon.

What is the house you own like? Is it very big? Where is it? I know it will be a time before we can go and live there, but I think about it a lot.

Thanks again, Sirius. Say hullo to Buckbeak and Professor Lupin for me.

Harry

Dear Harry,

The house is in Haworth in York. It's a lovely cottage. It's actually not mine specifically, it belongs to Remus. It was where he grew up. There are loads of beautiful fields and mountains all around, and a great big tree in the yard and a swing on the porch. It's yellow.

Remus says hullo back. Buckbeak would likely say hullo as well, but he's a hippogriff and is linguistically impaired

I have met your Aunt before. I actually remember hearing the story about how your Auntie Petunia got that long neck of hers. Your father was on a date with your mother and she was being a real pisspot as usual and your father may have cast a very well earned engorgio that never quite righted itself.