LXXX: The Logistical Expert

"You bloody idiot

"You bloody idiot."

Remus stared at the ad.

He stared at the ad flabbergasted. 

He stared at the ad so long that he started laughing and a great big smile broke out on his face - the biggest smile he'd worn in... years. Thirteen years, at least.

He laughed so hard he started crying.

"You bloody, insane, wonderful, sexy idiot!"

Remus leaped from his seat, clutching the paper like it was made of gold. He was all but dancing, despite the pain coursing through his knees and hips.

It was such a Sirius thing to do - such an idiot, Sirius thing that nobody else in the entire world ever would've thought to do in a hundred years. He would respond to the ad and find Sirius Black and whatever happened next, it would be just fine because he could weather anything if Sirius was a part of it. He was sure of that.

There was just one problem.

"You idiot dog," murmured Remus, re-reading the ad over a couple more times, but more critically. There was no instruction, no contact information, no way to find Sirius based on what was in the ad. Remus sat down heavily in his seat. "Oh bloody hell." He stared at it.

Now what?

If he didn't respond, would Sirius notice the error he'd made? Would he realize Remus couldn't respond because he hadn't said how to and not because he didn't want to? But wouldn't it be so like Sirius not to realize that was why Remus hadn't replied back and get upset? Remus closed his eyes, and now he felt so frustrated all over again. He threw the paper on the table and put his head down in his arms. 

You gotta have faith...

He looked up at the paper, resting his chin on his arm. 

"Okay. Faith. Faith. There's something I'm missing. Sirius isn't a complete idiot..."

"He's still missing some parts," James's voice floated through Remus's head. It had always been one of James's favorite one-liners about Sirius. Remus laughed. 

"They don't even make the parts he's missing, Prongs," Remus murmured, and he reached over and pulled the paper closer, reading it through once again.

"Okay." Remus said, taking a deep breath. "Alright." He got up and paced a bit. "Okay. Pina Coladas. Alcohol. Where do you get alcohol? A bar. Maybe he's - he's going to meet me by the Grindylow? No, must not, they closed up a long time ago," he shook his head. "Islands. You get Pina Coladas on beaches and islands. Coconut and Pineapp--" he paused, mid-word. "...--ple..." he finished slowly.

Sirius couldn't be in Costa Rica... could he?

Could he?

That would be mental.