Chapter 41

Jasmine P.O.V

I was at home preparing for my mother to come by and have brunch with her. I was putting dishes on the dining set outside for us. I had baked little pastries for her that I knew that she loved so much, I had Jace squeeze orange juice and help me set the table. I needed all the help especially with my belly that looked like it was about to burst.

I was just glad that it was a Saturday so Jace stayed home and was helping me with about everything. He was in a white polo shirt and a pair of tan shorts so he looked good for brunch even though he wants to be locked up in his room reading his book and play video games.

"Mom how does grandmother look like?" He asks as he brings the little finger sandwiches to the table.

I remember the last time I saw her, she looked so thin and fragile, like she was on a death bed. I shook the thought of having my mother near death and look into Jace's green eyes "Well she is an amazing lady who will adore you. She has always had a thing for smart little boys who enjoyed reading" I smiled.

He looked at me with big eyes "Do you think she will like the book I've been reading?" He asks as he runs to my side and loos up at me.

I chuckle at his actions "Yeah, she loves to read about everything. When I was a kid she would always try to give me a book to read but I would always refuse cause I hated reading" I said and ran my fingers through his hair "You are like her wish of a perfect grandson"

He smiled wide and then we hear the door bell ring "I'll get it" He shouts before running off.

"Make sure its her and not a stranger!" I shout as I look at the table making sure everything is perfect. I saw Jace walk in holding my mother's hand and when I look at her I felt my heart jump.

There was still the ring she wore from her wedding and then I see everything else and it hurts. Her hair is gone leaving her bald, her face looks so sharp and I can almost see every bone there is. I want to cry when I see how thin she is and how worse she is from the last time I saw her.

"Mother I see you have met Jace" I said with a forced smile as I take a look at her thin body wearing a colorful long dress. Despite everything she still looked so beautiful, she was my mother who went through what I am and I cant let any physical feature ruin my picture of her.

She smiles as she looks at Jace "He is wonderful, now tell me is joining us for brunch" she says as she looks at me then at him.

Jace hugs her before responding "Of course grandma" he says before taking her hand and taking her to the table and pulling her chair out for her to take a seat.

"And a gentlemen, Jasmine you are doing good with him" My mother smiles as she looks at me with a smile.

I took a seat and pour her a glass of orange juice "Well I am glad that we can all be here for brunch. I haven't seen dad in a while, what is he doing?" I ask as I notice the lost presence of my father.

She frowns for a little then shakes her head "Oh well he is busy with his work and everything especially with me being one of his patients" she chuckles.

I raise an eyebrow "His patient?" I ask as I look at her then at Jace hoping this wasn't a sexual thing.

"Yeah he is my doctor" She nods her head and smiles. Her hand reaches to grab a finger sandwiches and takes a sip of her orange juice.

I start to think about what the heck is happening "Mother, dad only treats people with serious cases, like mental disorders or even cancer" I say and I look at her with wide eyes.

She sighs and looks at me with watery eyes "I was hoping to delay the whole telling you this but I guess you have an idea on why I look this way" She frowns.

"Grandma do you have cancer?" I hear Jace's innocent voice ask and I felt like I was punch in my stomach.

"Jace go to your room or in the kitchen, anywhere in this house but right here!" I shout as I start to breath heavily and want to cry so hard. I hear him get up and go somewhere in the house and I look at my mother "Do you have cancer?" I ask softly.

"I have stage four breast cancer and your father is handling everything. We tried everything but it all failed, he told me I had three months left" She softly started crying.

I sighed and choked on my tears "Mother, I don't need this now! I wanted you with me through this whole thing! You cant die" I said as I walk to her and take a seat next to her grabbing her gentle thin hands pressing them to my face.

"Mija te quiro mucho, look I didn't want this either but I'm sorry" She says as she presses her lips to my head.

I remember she used to do this when I was kid when I was upset or woke up from a nightmare. This women next to me who has breast cancer is the one who raised me and has been there for me every step of the way. She is an amazing women and its terrible that this is happening to her.

"I love you too but you cant leave me not now! I need you through this all right now. I don't want them to grow up without you" I said as I grip her hand tighter and I felt tears roll down my eyes.

"I'm sorry but look Jasmine I want you to take care for these children and teach them everything I taught you. I promise you this, I wont leave this world without seeing you holding those babies in your arms" She says gently with a smile that slowly fades.

I bite my lip as I look at her "Stop talking like you're dying cause you are not leaving this world. I am going to make sure you don't leave me until you're its actually your time" I said as I get up. But with one step I felt my whole body burn making me ache.

"Jasmine?" my mother asks as her hands go to touch my belly.

I groan from all the pain "It hurts like crazy mother, I don't know what's happening. It just really hurts" I groan as I felt like I was being punch. I grip my belly as I felt another hit of pain, this was an undescriptive pain that was running through my veins.

"I want you to calm down while I go call nine one one" my mother says as she pulls her phone and dials the number.

I see Jace run in and looks at the scene going around him "What's going on?" He asks as he looks at me.

I was breathing heavily and force a smile on my face "Your brothers and sisters are just a little troublemakers" I softly chuckle but felt my body ache with pain. I started seeing dark spots in my vision making me light headed.

"The paramedics will be here any minutes" My mother says as she grabs my hand while Jace grabs the other.

I felt sick even and I wanted to throw up. The spots started to grow and I felt like I was going to die, and for it I went dark. Everything was sort of gone for that dark period of time.