Chapter 39

Jace P.O.V

Now the thing is yeah I know my dad is spending money on this school but I wasn't really liking the people here at all. The only good people are the teachers, especially my history teacher Mr.Reynolds.

I go to my homeroom and sit there quietly while I read my book. I was so interested into the book because of how this boy was struggling onto finding himself, he didn't know what was right and what wasn't. he had lost his family and was living in the streets forced to steal food from street vendors.

Then I felt someone grab the book from my hands "Hey there Jace" I see Richard's face.

I look down at the ground and sigh before I look back up at him "Can I please have my book back?" I ask as I look at his pale boring face.

He smirked at me "Look just cause you are the adoptive son of a big celebrity doesn't mean I will do everything you ask of me" Richard says rolling his eyes as he looks at his friends "Would you guys?"

The girl with crazy curly hair looks at me "I mean no not really plus its not like you are actually their son. You are adoptive, they will throw you out once they have their kids" She says with a grin.

"They love me" I said feeling my voice shake. I was on the verge of tears as I look af the kids knowing that their words are full of lies but who knows maybe there could some truth in them.

"They all say that but you could be used for publicity stunt. When they return you all they will ever say is that you were upset with them and you wanted to be gone" The other boy says shrugging his shoulders.

"They will never love you" Richard says with a frown.

I got up from my desk taking my book with me and set away from the class. I felt my eyes begin to water so I go to the boys bathroom locking myself in the stalls. I was in there crying wishing I had my mother there to hold me. To tell me that its going to be okay and to tell me that she loves me.

I have been through houses before and I was always dropped back off at the adoption center because I wasn't the kid they wanted. I wasn't the active kid who would play catch with dad or the kid who would join movie night or had any friends. I was that kid who liked to read and was interested more into school then normal. I wasn't anyone perfect child until I met the Lynchs.

They brought me in and gave me a home, somewhere to stay with them. They gave me something I so badly wanted and so badly crave, I didn't know I wanted this so bad since I notice how they treated me. I wanted love, with Ross he was my father and Jasmine was my mother. They were perfect parents.

She was so sweet and caring to me and others. No matter how much someone could mistreat her she could never hate them and she was just so amazing. Jasmine was always doing things on improving her family, she is always putting others before her and it was nice to know that there were still people in the world like this. Bad thing is that she is too nice and sometimes cant stand up for herself. She also doesn't see how amazing she is, I saw her this morning when she was staring in the mirror, talking bad about her body or at least looking at it in a disgusted way.

Ross was also amazing, he was kind and supports every one in every little thing. He loved Jasmine like crazy and I could tell he was madly deeply in love. But what was the nicest thing he could do was when I first came into their home he treated me already as if I was part of the family. Legally I was but in my mind I was a stranger but he comfort me and accepted me. I was happy that he was my father but upset that he would be gone a lot of the time because of his work.

Even though my family is growing at this time and is finding ways to be normal I still love them with my heart. Jasmine is an amazing mother who loves me and Ross is an amazing father who loves me as well. Personally I cant wait to see my brothers or sisters because they will be so perfect and I will love them with every inch of love in me.

"Jace you okay?" I hear a deep voice ask. I could identify it to Mr.Reynolds and I then think maybe it was time to go to his class.

I sniffle "Yeah just um" I look at the toilet and then at the door of the stall "in the bathroom" I said feeling my voice get high as I say this.

He chuckles and I wonder what he is even doing in the boys bathroom "Jace you are late to my class you know?" he says softly.

I open the stall door slowly and look at him "Sorry I guess I lost track of time. I wont miss class again I was just..." I see my reflection in the mirror and I see that my eyes are red and puffy. I cant hide that with an excuse, it looks exactly what it is. I was crying in a bathroom stall.

"Jace why were you crying?" He asks me with a gentle voice that teachers get when they deal with this. It was always a soft quiet voice and I only thought my kindergarten teacher did this but a lot of teachers do, must be a requirement for them.

I sigh knowing that I cant hide this one "Some kids were teasing me and it made me upset" I said with a simple quiet voice. Yeah its sort of hard to admit to being teased of and crying for it, makes someone feel vulnerable.

He shakes his head "Jace what did they say and who did it?" he asks as his eyes look at me. He looked serious and sort of mad.

I bite my lip, a bad habit I built when I was in different homes, a way of not to cry, "I was told that my adoptive parents will give me up once they have their kids. I was told that I would never be love by them" I sniffle feeling terrible about admitting this.

"Jace I need to tell your parents about this" He grabs my hand and tries to take me out of the bathroom.

I refuse to do so and pull away "No! They cant find out!' I shout as I felt warm tears slip out of my eyes.

He looks at me with wide concern eyes "Is there more to this story Jace? Jace you cant hide this from your parents, they need to know about what's happening to you" he says with again that gentle teacher voice.

"I just don't want this to stress my mother out, she is pregnant" I said while I ran my fingers through my hair feeling knots and the curls. I was building excuses with each question and I shouldn't be but I was proud of the lies I was telling.

Mr.Reynolds sighs as he looks down at the floor before looking at me "Okay we can keep this a secret but next time I see you crying will tell your parents in a second. Deal?" he extends his hand towards me.

I shake it "Deal" I said with a smile.