43. The Police Station

"But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of TIMEHoney, I rose up from the DEAD, I do it all the timeI got a list of names, and yours is in red, underlined"

Honey, I rose up from the DEAD, I do it all the time
I got a list of names, and yours is in red, underlined"

-look what you made me do, taylor swift

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

malia ran out from the hall, kicking the oni who was walking towards eli and sasha. it fell back as malia ran back, grabbing eli and pulling him up.

"come on!" she yelled, leading the two further into the house. she opened a door, pushing them harshly through it. sasha was surprised as she didn't find a floor under he feet, but stairs that she was now rolling down.

the three hales groaned in pain as they lay in a row at the bottom of the stairs in the basement. malia and sasha got up quickly.

"come on. eli!" malia pulled the boy so he was standing. they all stumbled to the other end of the basement, turning as they heard the clicking behind them.

they turned around, seeing the three oni standing behind them, swords drawn. malia shone her bright blue eyes, growling at them, ready to fight.

eli grabbed her shirt, pulling the girl to stand behind him. "eli, what are you doing?" she grunted.

"i can do this." eli growled, his voice deep as his teeth slowly shaped into fangs. his eyes gleamed as golden lines appeared in them.

"oh shit." malia blinked in shock.

"eli no!" sasha yelled as the teenage boy ran forward, ready to fight. he tried to swing at one of them, but they were too smart and quick for him. it ducked as another stuck his sword right through elis stomach. malia and sasha gasped in horror as the boy faded into nothing.

"any ideas?" malia sprang into action as sasha stood watching the spot where eli had just disappeared. she barely had spoke more than two sentences to the boy but she felt protective over him, especially now that derek wasn't here. but she had failed yet again in protecting someone - just like she had with boyd, erica, lydia, stiles, the list goes on.

"sasha!" malia yelled, pulling the girl out of her own head. sasha realised the oni were now moving towards the two girls.

"light! they disappear with light!" sasha said, snapping into fight mode. she looked around, her eyes landing on the small windows along the roof of the basement. she ran forward, using boxes to jump up and pull the cloth off of the glass.

light shone through the windows, brightening the room. sasha turned back around to see the oni disappearing into the black smog.

malia sat down, panting as she looked to the empty space left behind with pain in her eyes. "eli..." she said quietly.