08. The Kanima

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"They met in CLASS for
metaphysical philosophy
He tells his friends, "I like her
'cause she's so much SMARTER than me"
They're having talks about
their FURTURES until 4:00 a.m."

-people watching,conan gray

erica dragged jackson down the steps where isaac was waiting to help her hold the boy back while derek questioned him.

"what happened to you on the night of the full moon?" derek asked him

"what? nothing. nothing happened" jackson panted.

sasha half laughed, standing up straighter while still leaning against the pillar, "you're lying."

"no wait. i can...i can prove it." jackson panicked when he saw the long piece of metal beside derek as he put on gloves. "i taped myself"

"i'm sorry what!?" sasha laughed again.

"you taped yourself?" isaac gave the boy a strange look.

"yes. it was the full moon. and maybe while you were curled in the corner having a existential crisis about turning into a monster, i was preparing for the so called gift you big bad alpha promised me. and what did i get? nothing."

"you already a monster jackson don't worry." sasha sighed, already wanting to punch the boy in the face

jackson clenched his jaw but decided it was best not to answer the girl. "you want proof? let me get the video."

derek smiled. "no." he picked up the shard of scrap glass . "no i have a better idea."

"what is that?" jackson said but erica and isaac pushed him down to the ground. derek stood up and approached the boy. "you know jackson, you've always been kind of a snake...and everyone knows a snake cants be poisoned by its own venom."

isaac opened jackson's mouth as derek tilted the piece of glass over it. sasha watched as the drop of kanima slowly fell into jackson's mouth. the boy immediately started seizing as he fell onto the ground, paralysed.

erica and isaac stood beside derek and sasha as they watched the boy.

derek sighed as he walked forward and crouched down beside the boy. "you're still a snake jackson, just not the one we're looking for."

"what do we do with him?" sasha asked derek as he walked past them.

"i really don't care." he sighed before disappearing round the corner.

isaac walked forward and sat down next to jackson. "you're still gonna have to do one more thing for us. well actually for me."

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•