39. The New Me

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"We'll find moonlit nights strangely EMPTY
Because when you call my name through them
There will be NO ANSWER"

-cigarettes out the window, tv girl

•———sasha had imagined death a lot while growing up. you did when you were as unfortunate as the hale family was. she had escaped it so many times but when it actually happened it was completely different to how she thought it would feel.

first of all, her life didn't flash before her eyes. whoever made up that cliche must've been going out of her mind. anyways, even if that was the case sasha wouldn't have wanted it.

secondly, she did feel pain. not the amount she would've thought one would feel when they are stabbed through the chest but still enough that she never wanted to experience again.

but the worst pain was seeing isaacs heart break as she took her last breathes. she didn't want to leave the boy. it feels like they were just together and then separated forever. she never even got to say goodbye to derek or any of her friends. that part stung.

sasha knew from a young age that her story wasn't going to end with her riding off into the sunset with her prince charming. she knew she wouldn't have the happy ending that most people wished for. but she really had hoped she'd make it to eighteen.

BARDO.

and then everything stopped. for what only felt like a brief moment in time everything was black, the darkness consuming her.

then she gasped, air filling her dry lungs and only one word came out. "isaac!" she gasped once again before going into a coughing fit.

her eyes were open but also she saw was blurry images of tall trees reaching towards the dark blue sky. once she blinked a few times, her surroundings became more clear. she sat up straight and scrambled backwards as she saw a naked dark haired girl lying unconscious next to her. she looked down at herself, she was wearing a large hoodie and some tight jeans, both wore down with holes and fades running down her limps. something about her jumped felt familiar, oddly comforting but she couldn't place the scent of the aftershave. she brushed the dirt off her clothes and face, panicking, trying to remember what had happened.

"sasha?" a wary voice said, causing her head to dart up to see a boy holding out his hands towards the girl.

"who are you?" sasha panted, tilting her head slightly as she looked the stranger up and down. he was around thirty, wearing a green jacket and had a buzz cut.

"it's me. it's scott." he said, bringing a hand up to his chest. he seemed hurt by the fact that sasha didn't recognise him. sashas eyes moved to the two girls standing behind the boy. one had long red hair, the other had curled brown hair that was cut above her shoulders. the boy that called himself scott turned to look at them, all sharing a worried look.

sasha took that as her chance. she spun around and jumped off the tree stump and sprinted into the trees. "scott!" one of the girls shouted after her.

"sasha wait!" he yelled into the woods.

"scott come on we need to get allison to the hospital. now! sasha can take care of herself for now." the voice faded away as sasha ran further into the trees.

she kept on running, not stopping until she tripped over a stick, landing hard on the forest ground. she winced in pain as she reached to role up her jeans to reveal a large cut running down her shin. blood ran from it but not for long. new skin quickly grew back over the cut, healing it instantly.

"sasha hale." a raspy voice spoke from behind her causing the girl to jump up and turn to face the figure. he was wearing a brown leather jacket, bandages covering his face, black liquid filling his mouth and covering his razor sharp teeth. he stood hunched over, arms sticking out at his sides and his knees bent.

"who are you? what do you want?" sasha yelled at him. suddenly very annoyed that she couldn't remember anything.

"don't you know me sasha." he spoke slowly "cause i know you. i know you better than you know yourself."

"okay, so tell me about myself." sasha said, holding her hands up, claws showing. "go on! say something!"

"you died almost fifteen years ago. but you are different then the others that have died. because you, sasha, are already a killer."

"how do i know what you're saying is true? that it's not all some bullshit?"

"because deep down you know that you are not a good person." the man paused, waiting for the girl's response but she didn't say anything. "and because i know the one name you can remember."

"isaac." sasha said as she breathed out. "who is he then? how do i know him?"

"isaac lahey is the man who left you to die. you tried to save him but he just let you be killed. along with the rest of them." he took a wobbly step forward, walking around the girl until he stood behind her.

"why would he do that?" sasha asked her voice shaking, scared of what the answer may be.

the man walked up to her, standing behind the girl and peering over her shoulder. she could feel his breath land on her neck and he spoke. "because he believed that you were a monster. i am the only one who has ever seen your full potential sasha. you can trust me."

sasha believed every thing he said, everything but the last piece. something deep down told her not to fully trust him, perhaps it was some lost memory or perhaps the feeling that she couldn't trust anyone. "what do i do?" she asked, swallowing hard.

"you avenge yourself. you kill everyone who let you die. you clear your path to isaac lahey, beginning with derek hale."

guess whos back, back again.
i'm honestly so excited for this book to be back. we don't talk about the ending of this movie because together we'll write something far better than jeff davis wrote.
Xx bee