18. The Vault

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"Oh, who is she?
A misty MEMORY
A haunting face
Is she a lost EMBRACE?"

-who is she, i monster

"she's not dead." derek insisted.

"derek, he said, 'there's a dead body. it's erica'. doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation." stiles said

"then who was in the vault with boyd?"

"someone else, obviously."

"and maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle. the one who saved you?" scott looked over to isaac who was still sitting on the counter next to sasha.

"no she wasn't like us." isaac said. "and whoever was in the vault with boyd was."

"what if that's how erica died? they put them against each other during the full moons and see which one survies." stiles suggested "it's like werewolf thunder dome."

"but boyd wouldn't do that. not to erica anyway. full moon or not." sasha shook her head, not wanting to believe it.

"he might've." scott said. "we don't know how long they've been in there or what the alphas are doing to them."

"we have to get them out tonight." derek said.

"be smart about this derek." deaton said. "you can't just go storming in."

"if isaac got in then so can we."

"but he didn't get through a vault door did he?"

"we need a plan." scott stepped forward.

"how are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?" derek asked

"uh i think someone already did." stiles held up his phone and began reading from it. "'beacon hills first national closed its doors three months after vault robbery.' doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

"how long?" derek asked

"it's the internet derek." stiles scoffed. "okay? minutes."

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

the next night, the night of the full moon, everyone was at "dereks" new lair. stiles opened the blue prints onto the table and everyone gathered around "okay. you see this? this is how they got it. it's a rooftop air conditioning vent. lead down inside into the wall of the vault which is here. okay?" stiles drew a red circle around the room. "one of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. now that space is so small it took him about twelve hours to drill into that wall, which is stone by the way. then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shady in the wall. boom."