16. The Birds

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"But I could tell that
something had CHANGED
how you LOOKED at me then"

-k., cigarettes after sex

"boy good thing you drew me a picture." the tattoo artist said plainly looking at the piece of paper scott handed him.

"hey scott sure you don't want something like this?" stiles held up a piece of paper with a tattoo stencil on it that looks all too like a kanima. scott sighed. "too soon? yeah."

"i'm just gonna go out on a limb here and say this is a bad idea" sasha said as the tattoo artist sat down next to scott.

"yeah i don't know man, are you sure about this?" stiles asked scott. "i mean these things are pretty permanent you know?"

"i'm not changing my mind." scott smiled

"okay but why two bands?"

"i just like it."

"really?" sasha tilted her head looking at the drawing.

"don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning or something? like sashas for example."

sasha smiled and lifted up her sleeve to reveal the tattoo on her arm, just before the crease of her elbow, a crescent moon with flowers on it and the words me, you, and the moon written around it.

"getting a tattoo means something." scott said. sasha frowned. "but yes your tattoos are very nice." scott smiled at her and she beamed back.

"he's right." the tattoo artist spoke. "tattooing goes back thousands of years. the tahitian word 'tatua' means 'to leave a mark' like a right of passage."

"yeah you see? he gets it." scott smiled

"he's covered in tattoos scott, literally." stiles said

"okay you ready?" he looked at scott, who nodded nervously and cleared his throat. "you ain't got any problems with needles do you?"

"nope." scott said, looking straight ahead as the tattoo artist begun.

"i tend to get a little squeamish though so..." stiles mumbles as he saw the needle. he fell to the ground with a light thud.

"ah shit." sasha sighed

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"you okay?" stiles asked, sitting into the drivers seat, ice pack in his head.

"kind of burns." scott winced