42. The Returning Void

"Such a pretty HOUSEAnd such a pretty gardenNo ALARMS and no surprises"

And such a pretty garden
No ALARMS and no surprises"

-no surprises, radiohead

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

"so, i've been back a couple of hours and you've already been a victim of attempted murder?" sasha said to derek, causing to both to smile slightly. scott had gone to find eli, melissa, argent and peter not far behind while malia went to get lydia in hopes she could help.

"yeah." derek nodded slowly.

"meaning nothing has changed in the past decade then." sasha smiled but knew it wasn't true. it was clear that a lot had changed just from the way everyone acted and the atmosphere.

"and you have a son?" she exclaimed once again causing derek to let out a light laugh. "i mean, when did that even happen? and who's the mother? actually, do i wanna know?"

derek jokingly shook his head at the girl. "he actually reminds me of you a lot. was a bit worrying a first."

"hey!" sasha playfully shoved him. a moment passed in silence before the question that sasha had been dying to ask escaped her mouth, "where is he derek?"

she didn't have to say who, they both knew. dereks faces fell and sasha braced herself for the worst. "we're not sure." derek finally spoke, "last i heard he was in france. that's where he went after...everything. he comes back every couple of years for your birthday, the others don't know. he stays in the old apartment, where i'm guessing you already were. we don't have any way of reaching him."

"oh." sasha nodded slowly, trying to take in everything.

"i'm sorry sasha." derek smiled sympathetically at the girl. "i tried to track him down a few years back, but he really doesn't want to be found."

"it's fine." sasha said quietly. "at least he didn't give up entirely."

the house door opened, startling the two cousins. sasha jumped down from the kitchen island where she sat as derek turned to see who it was.

"dad? dad?" a young boy called out, walking through the door.

"eli?" derek stood up straighter, his eyes showing relief as he saw his son.

the teenager turned around to look at his father. he had long hair which was drenched with the rain. his features harsh. he was clearly a hale.

he ran up to his dad, closing his eyes as the father and son hugged tightly, both sighing with relief as they saw the other was alright. "you're safe eli." derek reassured him. "you're safe."

eli opened his eyes, still hugging his father when he saw the girl standing awkwardly in the middle of their kitchen. his eyes widened in shock as he realised who it was. yes, she looked different than the photos he had seen - she looked tired, skinnier, paler and her hair was now brown instead of it's dyed blonde. - but it was still obviously her.

"dad..?" eli said slowly, coming out of the hug. he looked to his dad, who was smiling at him, nodding.

derek looked to his cousin, "eli, there's someone you should probably meet."

"oh my god!" eli gasped as he realised he wasn't going insane and the girl who was standing in front of him was actually sasha hale, the girl who had died many years ago, leaving his father a mess. the girl who eli reminded him of everyday.

"surprise." sasha said unsurely, waving at him.

"whoa, you're like, the actual sasha. like, you're alive!" eli said, clearly in shock.

"yeah, that me." sasha nodded. "unless there's another sasha hale that i don't know about."

"hey, i hate to break this up, but we have a problem." sheriff stilinski said, stepping forward.

just then, like he timed it, the room went dark, a cold air replacing what was there before. everyone looked around at each other, beginning to panick as the sound of light clicking echoed through the walls - a sound that was familiar.

"three of them." deaton said, staring down the hallway. they looked down to see three oni walking towards them, taking out their swords.

"get down!" derek roared, pushing eli down to the floor so the island would be hiding him.

sasha lit her eyes up, taking out her claws, ready to fight. but as two of the monsters went to fight deaton and the sheriff, one looked directly at the girl.

sasha froze, a chill running down her spine as a lightheadedness came over her, making the girl feel out of it.

she blinked, and suddenly she wasn't herself anymore. she could still see and hear everything going on around her but it wasn't like she was in control of her own body. she turned to her older cousin.

"sasha..." derek said cautiously, looking at her, catching on immediately that she wasn't herself. around her eyes were dark. her eyes were still blue but her pupils had gone thin, almost like a fox.

sasha moved quick, bringing up her leg and kicking derek in the stomach, sending him toppling back into the wall. she ran up to him, bringing her hand up.

derek threw his arms up, stopping the girl right before she could claw him across the chest. "sasha stop! it's me, derek!"

"deja-vu, huh?" the void girl chuckled. "you see, stiles and allison were fun, but i like these."

derek roared out in pain as the girl dug her other nails into his stomach. he used all his strength to stop himself from turning, bringing his foot up and kicking the girl hard in her knees.

her legs buckled, sending her tumbling back. derek used this as an opportunity, hoping his idea would work. he grabbed her arm, "sorry sash," he panted. the girl widened her eyes as she realised what he was about to do. "pain makes us human."

the girls roar of anger suddenly turned into a roar of pain as derek bent her arm, snapping the bone in half. she whimpered as she clutched her arm, stepping back.

she blinked, gasping awake as she became herself again. she looked to derek, showing her apology in her eyes. the sorrow quickly turned to alarm.

"derek, watch out!" she screamed, warning him. the man dropped down, ducking as one of the oni made a swipe at him, just missing the blade.

past derek, sasha could see the sheriff disappear into a cloud of smoke after a oni stabbed his back. the oni who deaton was battling, kicked his leg before striking him with his sword, making the vet disappear.

sasha looked back to derek who got hold of his masked monster and threw him through the window. he roared before turning to face his son, who was crouched down in the kitchen, a metre away from sasha.

"dad-"

a sword sliced through dereks stomach, stopping the man in his tracks. derek looked to the blade that was sticking through him, breathing heavily before looking up to his son.

"remember who you are." he said, glancing between the two hales before a cloud of black smoke covered him, clearing to reveal the empty space.

bee speaks...
hey guys....its been five months whoops
im so sorry for not updating sooner but lifes
been crazy and my motivation was really low,
practically nonexistent, for all my books.

thank you if you are still here and haven't
lost all hope in me. thank you for all the reads
votes and comments, cause without them i definitely
wouldn't have pushed myself to write this.