right on time

y/n point of view

my alarm didn't sound, i think there must be something wrong. the weekend, a saturday to be more specific. beams of light shining through my glass window are brighter than usual.

i'm awoken by the stinging sunlight that i can't bare to sleep in anymore, but i feel like i'm missing something.

stretching out my hands through the comforter, my warm blanket falls to the floor and i don't bother to grab it.

my hand reaches for my phone and check the time.

10:00 a.m.

oh shit.

-

"excuse me! sorry!" squeezing myself through dozens of people as my train station gets called out, and when i get out the door immediately closes behind me. i keep running through the blue and green floor and walls catching weird stares from passer-by's but i don't care, i check the time again.

10:30.

oh my goodness me. kuroo's game had started at exactly 10 a.m. but i was supposed to be there since 9!

running up the escalator and skipping two steps at a time, i frantically tap out with my metro card and keep running, seeing the tall glass structure that was tokyo ice stadium in front of me.

by the time i enter, i'm out of breathe. but nevertheless i keep walking until i see the giant hockey rink. my hands places on the metal railing when i'm close enough that i don't have to squint to see each player anymore.

curiously, i look up to see the brightly lit scoreboard that was in red numbers.

🐱5 - 5 🐍

they're against nohebi?

there was 3 minutes left on the clock, making me regret missing majority of the match, but i quickly put away that thought.

glancing back at the rink, i pick out familiar red jerseys. obviously, my eyes catch on to kuroo. he's faster than all the players, dashing through them like it's lightwork as the puck swishes back and forth.

when i lean forward, i swear i see something on kuroo's face, most notably his eye which look... darker? "maybe I'm imagining things..." i thought to myself.

the game quickly picks up its pace. a guy from the opposite team catches my eye, he's looks only a teensy bit shorter than kuroo but almost as swift as him. it catches me as the both of them constantly chase after each other.

they are at nekoma's side of the rink, making me clench my teeth in anxiousness as i watch lev and inuoka struggle to keep him away. as the other guy from nohebi is about to shoot, kuroo swings his stick and the puck flies to the other side of the court where kenma is standing.

1 minute.

kenma glides up, passing the puck to yamamoto. immediately he tries to score, only for it to be blocked, earning an 'oh!' from the crowd. the other teams defenseman hold them down and do anything

i look up at the clock, 30 seconds left.

the puck is constantly being pushed around by yamamoto, kenma and the other team, not budging. they tussle for a while until the puck falls out of their grasp. kai strides forward, having one final shot at the goal. the puck goes into the other team's goal.

the timer runs out and the score goes 6 - 5.

"NEKOMA WINS THIS MATCH!" the announcer screams through the mic, the crowd cheering loudly as ever, you're part of them. the boys in red all hug each other, making you feel really proud of them.