i miss you

kuroo pov

"kuroo, are you alright?"

"yeah."

refusing to look at her in the eye, instead i lean on her shoulder as her arms wrap around me.

"you're the best hockey player i know." she tries to soothe me.

"i don't know about that." my head tilts closer to hers, enjoying the feeling of her fingers getting tangled in my hair.

"stop"

she pulls away from the hug to look at me.

a piece of hair falls over my forehead and she plays with it.

"you're perfect."

-

i woke up in a daze.

my eyes dart around to room, to see the lights closed off and my window closed by the curtains.

when i realised that interaction was just a dream, i would never admit it but it made me more disappointed then it should have.

my fingers reach the skin of my bicep to pinch it.

"fuck." i curse to myself as i sink back into my pillow, upset.

but there was nothing i could do, except wake up. reluctantly, i pushed myself off the covers and looked down.

a pool of drool on my pillow. looking down, i saw my red tie and polo still on me. i immediately undressed, starting with my tie and working all the way down.

rummaging through my wardrobe, i picked out a hoodie and sweatpants and tussled them over my body as quick as i could.

there was only one thought i had when i woken up

i had to see her

"mom! i'm leaving the house for a while!" I announced as i was putting on my nearest shoes, holding the wall as i did so.

"okay! be back before dinner!" she replied.

i ran out the door, slamming it before making a beeline straight forward to me. cars were returning home from work, the sky was navy blue and snow was gently falling from it.

please answer.

please please please.

"kuroo?" the door opened to reveal y/n. she was in her pyjamas and looked like she was in the middle of studying.

i heave a sigh of relief.

"i missed you."

y/n's eyes widen in shock and i immediately cover my mouth, regret runs through my body as i realise what i just said. "uhh-" y/n stutters, unsure of how to respond to that.

both of us stand awkwardly now, a few feet away as my eyes refuse to look at her and i think she does the same.

"tetsurou! so nice to see you here!" y/n's mom abruptly interrupts our 'conversation', making an appearance at the door. her eyes narrow towards me, making me shift uncomfortably "what are you doing outside? come in!" she questions.

my body stiffens up, and i'm not sure if it's from the cold "right! sorry..." i take a few steps into the household, looking at y/n's expression as i did so.

"will you be joining us for dinner?" she enquirers. "ahh~ actually i'm not staying that long, i promised to eat dinner with my mother already." i smiles sweetly at the offer, but politely reject it.

"alright then!" then her mother goes back into the kitchen.

my eyes follow her, and when they come searching for y/n again, i find her already walking up the stairs. i wasn't sure if i was supposed to but i followed her up anyway and to her room. entering, i closed the door and faced y/n who was seated on her bed.

i started spurting out what was on my mind , "look i know i've been like- not talking to you lately" i put a hand through my hair, "i'm so sorry, i've been so busy and we haven't talked ever since we-" then my eyes meet her, looking at her playfully "you know, kissed."

my words have her almost spitting out your water, i see her get shy and her eyes look elsewhere, "why would you say that..." she laughs, standing up awkwardly.

"did we not kiss?" i take a few steps towards y/n and duck down to her eye level.

"no- it's just" she hesitantly backs away, too shy to speak, "i thought you were gonna ignore it or something-"

"i wouldn't do that to you." i stated. i said it like i didn't care but- the way she thought that of me kinda hurt, not gonna lie.

"no i know!" she puts her hands up defensively, "i know you wouldn't." her eyes looked up at me soft, apologetically.

"i'm sorry though. i got super busy but- that shouldn't have stopped me from checking up on you. like- if i ever made you feel like you couldn't talk to me or if things weren't gonna be the same... my fault." i point to my chest.

"no it's oka-"

my pointer finger makes its way to her lips and gently presses it on them, keeping her quiet "shhh"

"my fault." i say, a mere whisper with a geeky smile. my finger feels as her lips curl up into a smile and i gently take my hand away.

a small smile forms on my lips at her before taking a seat on her bed, she follows suit.

suddenly, a surge of confidence overtakes me "don't want you to think i didn't like it or anything..." then i look at her dead in the eyes "cause i liked it." i admitted.

she rolls her eyes at me, "you're such a flirt."

her comment catches me off guard and i laugh hard, putting a hand over my mouth.

she leans onto me and also starts laughing. "you really are!"

i look down at her leaning on my lap, i put my hands on her shoulders and lightly shake her "no i'm not!"

we keep going back on forth until she's sitting on top of me. exchange giggles that we were sharing seconds ago vanish and her lips go in a straight line.

i don't know what's about to happen but we lean into each other. that's when the blaring voice of her mom can be heard from downstairs. "tetsurou! your mother is calling for you!"

both of us pull away from each other, looking at the door. luckily, no one was there.

if i said i wasn't pissed off i would be lying, but i gently grabbed her waist with both hands and placed her on her bed as she looked up at me longingly.

"okay i gotta go now. but umm, ya" i'm hovering over her and i look down to see her smiling at me, i smile back. "goodnight y/n."

"goodnight tetsurou" she whispers back.

reluctantly, i get off the bed. as i'm about to exit the door, i turn back around to see her sitting up, waving at me.

i see a stray pillow on the ground and toss it to her bed, waving bye bye to her.