steal my girl

"what did you want me here for?" kuroo grunted as he stood outside your door.

you motioned for him to come in, "i have breakfast if that's what your concerned about-"

he stopped by the door as he didn't get his answer. "no, i asked you why did you call me here?" he asked.

all of a sudden, you firmly took his wrist and yanked him over to the dining table. with that, you sat him right beside you. there were plates and cutlery already set infront of you.

as both of you took a seat, you looked around the room for a second. then, you positioned your mouth right beside his ear.

"i think they know." you whisper-shouted.

"huh?" he responded, confused.

"i think my parents think we're dating!" you whisper-shouted.

"why would they think that!" he whisper-shouted back.

a noise from the kitchen of glass and cutlery made you and kuroo both flinch away from each other. suddenly, your mother came to the table and greeted both of you with two glasses of orange juice.

she looked over at kuroo "hello love. how's school?"

he sheepishly smiled at her "it's been good."

she smiled back at him sweetly before retreating back and getting your plates of food ready in the kitchen.

after he looked at your mother, he turned back to you with the most ghostly horrified face you had seen.

you tried to reason out before you got cut off again, "it's because of kenma's instagram story, idio-"

"son, how are you doing?" your father walked over and shaked kuroo's hand.

your eyes trailed down to see kuroo holding your fathers hand with a firm grip. "great." he said.

the second your parents went to the kitchen, you whispered to kuroo again.

"do you think they know?" you said to kuroo as both of your eyed your parents, currently they were just talking to each other like normal.

"y/n, you can't be serious." he said softly.

"i am so serious right now. it's all over twitter and instagram!"

"it what?"

"yeah! the screenshot of his stupid story with the caption, #tetsurouandyn."

"you're fucking kidding me."

"we're basically a trending couple kuroo!" you were exasperated, tilting your head up to the ceiling.

"you don't say." he nonchalantly said.

"are you seriously not freaking out about this?"

he rolled his eyes at you, "please, you think i'm thrilled about this?" he swirled the straw around in his cup.

"neither am i, kuroo!" you put both hands on top of your head, "what are the people in school gonna say about this?"

kuroo poked you in the side. at first, you slapped his hand away but then you realised it was to alert you that your mother was coming in the room again.

both of you quickly sat straight as your mother set the food on the table.

"thank you." both of you said at the same time.

just like that, it was the two of you in the room again. a small silence filled over the atmosphere as both of you picked up your spoons and forks. you picked up some food onto your spoon, zoning out.

"let them." he said under his breathe.

his response made you physically turn to him. "what?"

"i said let them." he simply stated, clenching his teeth onto his fork.

"umm.."

he continued speaking, "so what if they talk about us? there's nothing we can do. if people think we're dating, so be it."

you thought about his words for a second. did other people's opinions really matter?

"okay."  you sounded out.

AUTHOR NOTE

hope someone got the reference

if ykyk