intruder

y/n's head peeked from the side of this row of lockers.

ha, spotted.

she was on her tippy toes, sneaking over to kuroo without trying to get caught.

once she was beside him, she politely tapped his shoulder.

his neck turned but she scooted to the other side of him before he turned his head again.

"y/n, what are you doing here?" he says, but in a pleased tone that welcomed her instead of shooing her away.

"i want to come to your practice"

the hazel in his eyes became dull.

"but- why?"

"what do you mean why?"

he leaned more against his locker, looking up at the ceiling kind of hoping you would disappear. he looked down and you were still there.

"there's nothing for you to do there" he explained, but the confused look in your eyes wasn't disappearing "like, i don't want you to get bored or anything"

"i can watch you" she smiled.

he leaned his elbow on his locker, turning his body to her and leaning down, not able to form an answer. "well, er-"

the girl was not liking his reaction "you old man."

"oh yeah, this old man can't play hockey no more..." he stretched his arms "might as well not come for the practice."

"why won't you let me go lately!" y/n leans on a locker, disappointed.

y/n looked him up and down. she thought for a second, knowing a boost to his ego got him all riled up for anything.

she pokes him in the chest playfully "you're like the best hockey player i know, kuroo~"

he takes her hand, lacing their fingers together lazily, "yeah? the last time i remember i brought you to my game you were cheering for the other team?"

"i was 10!" she dismisses his memory.

"no excuses." he brings their hands closer to his face, making y/n stumble slightly nearer to him.

"why would i bring someone unloyal to my games?" he was teasing, throwing her hand out of his grasp, but he brought his face closer anyway.

she flinches a little "i'm not unloyal. i just want to support you"

"god, fine" he rolls his eyes. "you can come"

"YAYY" she jumped up and down, nearing ramming herself into a locker.

after celebrating, she placed both her hands on his shoulders and whispered in his ear. "thank you, kuroo" before running off to the stairs.

meawhile, kuroo's shoulders slumped. his eyes looked a little to see y/n leaving before his back fell back onto his locker.

he ran his fingers through his hair.

"god damn it."

"so the play-offs are coming..."

kuroo was drawing on a whiteboard, the kind where you could pull it out anywhere and had wheels.

the team was huddled around him on the bleachers.

"any questions?" he asked.