the morning after

the sneaking out scheme went unnoticed. your mother never found out, neither did your dad. both of them were asleep when you came home.

by the time you had gotten home on that day, it was 4 am. your parents went to work without any question. you headed for your 8 am classes like normal. it was a normal monday.

"hi kenma"

you sat down at a lunch table. he was playing on his nintendo ds.

he doesn't look up "hi."

then he remember something, he places his device on the table and looks at you, which takes you aback cause he's looking at you very intentionally.

"why were you guys out of town at 3 in the morning?" he asks.

"umm..." you scratch your head, not being able to think of a normal reason "well-"

"y/n." he says in a disappointed motherly tone.

"look i know!"

suddenly his tones shifts "shit, he's coming"

"WHAT?"

he made it very obvious he was looking right above your head "yeah, he's coming to our table."

a tall guy with messy black hair and a black tracksuit jacket sat at your table. damn.

"hey" he says. it sounded like it was for the both of you but he was looking at you when he said it.

"hey" you said back.

kenma was sat between the two of you, looking at you then looking at kuroo before taking his apple juice and looking back down at his ds.

kuroo tapped his fingers on the table rythimically. he didn't even try to hide that he was looking at you.

"you look tired." he pointed out.

you couldn't help but raise your eyebrows "oh wow, thank you." it comes out sarcastically, just like you want it to.

he leaned over on the table, trying to see your reaction, then he sighs.

"what do you want?" he states briefly.

"soda."

"that's it?"

"yes."

"deal." he got off his seat and went to buy a drink for you.

kenma's face contorted into pure confusion, not being able to help but turn back to see kuroo lazily walking away.

"is that all it takes for your forgiveness?" kenma asked.

"pretty much, yeah."

"wow, i should have already expected this." he shrugs his shoulders, taking another sip of his carton.

"yeah. the poor man said sorry yesterday, i'm just cranky cause i didn't get much sleep." you explained, then put your hand over your mouth as you yawned.

"oh, so your not even mad at him?"

"nah."

"really?" kuroo was standing right beside you without you noticing. his face lit up.

you turned your head to him as your faces were facing each other.

you took the can from him and smiled "no."