pricked up lol

y/n pov

6:00 p.m.

KENMA I SWEAR

WHATEVER YOU BOUGHT ON THAT DAY OF LUNCH WME

U BETTER PAY ME BACK

7000 YEN?

WHAT THE FUCK
delivered

-

"fucking prick." whispering to yourself as you shut your locker. your back is pressed against the metal, observing the halls surrounding.

well, school's ended, i guess i should just go home. you thought to yourself.

well, that was your plan until you saw someone walking right past you.

you knew it was him.

i need to talk to him.

he's at his locker, one of his friends are talking to him, he smiles a little but he's more focused on chucking everything in his hands into the locker contents.

maybe this time we could have a proper conversation since that night?

once his friend leaves, that's your cue. you walk over to him, trying to catch him before someone else does. i don't know, man has other friends or smth.

when your behind him, you see him frantically carrying his stuff about to head off somewhere. you would have dropped this if you knew earlier, but his name slipped off your tongue so easily.

"kuroo."

when he turns around, a part of you regrets starting this conversation. his hair was in a mess and he was in his hockey jersey. 

"what's up?" he says warmly, but it seems like he has something else on his mind.

dropping your head to look down at your feet, you take a deep breath "i really want to talk to you abou-"

"sorry, i'm really quite busy right now." he brushes you off. "i can talk to you another day, would that be alright?"

"oh, of course."

"i'm really sorry, i would love to talk but i'm rushing." he looked sorry but also tired.

"nah nah, i get it." you awkwardly smile, stepping to the side to give him space.

he gives you one knowing look, "bye bye" then his eyes droop down to your name tag, "...l/n" then he walks away, then starts sprinting down the doors.

you watched as his figure slowly disappeared.

damn, it's getting really awkward now.

if i knew the last time i would talk to you normally was a few weeks ago, i would have been nicer to you. i would have told you then.

it's either all or nothing now.

and i don't want to lose you.

i fucking hate kuroo tetsurou.

kuroo pov

i'm running through the halls as i bump into people, lockers, and fucking shoes. there's a few things i hate and one of them is being late.

and that is exactly what i am right now.

when the doors of the sports hall open, i hear the voice of an old man who's getting increasingly annoyed with me. "you're late." coach nekomata states.

"sorry."

my mouth shuts and i walk to the bleachers, quickly putting on my skates and then walking to the rink.

yaku asks as i skate up to the team, "why were you late, captain?" i adjust my jersey, "had a test."

he then pokes fun at me but i look away, instead focusing on how coach nekomata is walking on the ice, towards us.

"i have a little announcement to make." he starts. his face says he looks pleased, i'm not sure what that means but it does.

the team exchanges looks, interested. coach continues, "we have someone joining our team today." everyone looks at each other, excitedly. coach doesn't just let anybody inside, and for i'm sure we've had no tryouts recently.

"what do you mean by that, coach? "kai, vice captain, asks.

coach nekomata clears his throat, "let me rephrase that a bit." he glances across us, "someone has stepped up to join us on the team, permanently. and i think he's a great addition to the team"

adding a random person weeks before the play-offs? that's kind of... weird.

but when coach moved out i realised who it was.

"kenma!"

my 2nd best friend was standing right there with a small smile. if i said i wss happy right now, that would be an understatement.

he skates over to us, but specifically to me. a small comes across my face and my teeth are shown widely, i can only say two words. "you prick."

all he does is show a small smile, "is that why you've been sneaking off? to talk to coach to let you back on the team?" i tease. "maybe." he shrugs. what a trickster, but all i am is really elated. the team skates up to him and gives him a warm welcome... back.

i've thought a lot about kenma coming back. but now that he's here, i'm relieved.

"okay, let's start training now." he gently nudges everyone away and looks at me.

"yeah" i say "and start winning." i add on. i say it like i don't mean it but i'm looking at kenma's face to catch his reaction.

my hockey buddy relaxes his shoulder, then nudges me with his hockey stick before skating off "yeah."

AUTHOR NOTE

i have been so busy but all i have to say is i hate dance, and i'll be so much more free in december because 😉😉

anyway i feel great being able to write again how are you