awkward interactions at a diner

2:30 p

2:30 p.m.

kenma

meet outside my classroom after school

why

you're gonna wanna hear this

soggy cheeseburgers, fries and milkshakes were how you spent most of your nights. today, you were having them for lunch.

the blonde in front of you carelessly dipped his fry into your ketchup. "you kissed him?" people at other tables looked at the two of you.

you definitely could have said that a little quieter, you thought to yourself.

"kenma! we are in a public setting!" you hushed him, making him recline back in his seat. "and for your information, he kissed me."

"oh, okay." he made a face but dropped it when you started glaring at him. "you're saying it like you weren't involved as well."

"well-" crossing your arms as you recalled your mouth to mouth the previous night was definitely not how you thought you would spend your afternoon.

"well.." he knowingly commented. "so, do you like him?" he asked, out of the blue.

"WHAT?" you blurted out louder than you expected, immediately placing a hand over your mouth as you saw more heads turn to you again. i'm definitely gonna get kicked out of this place sooner or later.

lowering your voice, you leaned over the table top, "what makes you think i like him or something? o-or he likes me?"

kenma gives me a weird look, "i thought you knew this?" sometimes i don't know really who kuroo is anymore. "kuroo wouldn't just go around and kiss someone."

"kuroo isn't like that." he finishes, and then he starts demolishing his burger.

damn.

"i don't like him." you continue defending. not sure what you were expecting, but kenma's shrug tugged you the wrong way and you started wondering if what you were syaing was true.

taking a look at your barely-eaten burger, the idea of actually eating instead of overthinking was probably better if you chose to go to a restaurant for lunch.

all of a sudden, the bell on the door rang and usually, this would go over your head when you were here alone or with your friends. but then the figure that entered started coming towards your table.

oh fuck.

a tall, lean figure with messy black hair sat down at the side chair of the square table. uniform with the button down, leaning back.

"i wanted fries but looks like you guys already have some." a sly remark escaped kuroo's lips. with that, he lazily opened his legs, leaning forward about to get one.

"may i?" he asks politely, staring at your face waiting for a response. is the eye contact right now really needed... "you may." you try to say without your voice shaking. you can't tell if it did, kenma gave you a look though.

as he mindlessly started taking your fries (you didn't mind), you and the gamer shared a look filled with alarm.

why is he here?

i don't fucking know!

you didn't know if kuroo told kenma, or if kuroo knew you told him. to you, everyone at this table knew.

"damn, this place really hits the spot every-time" kuroo dusted his fingers off, he throw a few in his mouth and leans back in his chair.

as kenma watched him, he picked up his phone and checked the time. "oh yeah, i need to go now."

"why?" both of you said at the same time.

"stuff." his hands started zipping his bag up swiftly.

"is it for your streaming?" kuroo suggested.

kenma looked at kuroo suspiciously for a second, "other stuff." and then he stood up taking his bag and leaving.

oh great.

a buzz from the other end of the table interrupted.

a call, on kuroo's phone. putting it bext to his ear, he listened in and then locked eyes with you when he knew, "hockey stuff." he whispered to you.

"oh, okay." you nodded. thinking you were just gonna be finishing your burger with kuroo on call, you knew you were wrong when he started packing up just like kenma did.

he stood up, pressing the mute button on call for a second, "i'll catch you later, bye y/n." hand ruffling your hair before he walked away and engaged in the call again "yes?"

just as your day couldn't get any worse, the waiter came over and passed you the bill. that's when you realised kenma didn't even pay his bill! you placed the receipt close to your face.

why the hell is the bill ¥7000?