night changes

2 new notifications from: y/n 🧨

y/n 🧨
text me when you get this
can we talk?

"one month till the actual game, how you feeling?" kai handed a water bottle to kuroo. kuroo took off his helmet, chugging about half of the bottle's contents. "feeling alright." he wiped the lie off mouth.

he noticed he was lying a lot lately. not to y/n or even kenma anymore, but to his teammates. it's like he's okay with them, and another moment he's not. as a captain he was always in control, and he always wanted to show he was, even when he was not.

he just didn't want to worry anyone.

"i don't remember this being a chore." he murmured to himself before getting off the bench.

"what was that?" kai mused. kuroo didn't realise he was talking out loud. "oh, nothing." brushes it off. after that, the captain shoved everything into his bag and quickly made his way to the exit. until kai stopped him.

"kuroo." he called out, making kuroo turn behind.

"yeah?"

"if you ever need to take a break, let me know." he smiled sincerely. "there are two captains here, y'know?"

kuroo looked at him, not sure if he felt relieved but he was appreciative. "thanks." he raised his fist up before walking out the door.

the cold tokyo air hits kuroo. it's chilly and all he can think about it how he wants to go home, take a shower and then fall asleep. suddenly, he feels a vibration from his bag.

unzipping it, he feels out the familiar cold metal and takes out his phone. then he sees someone's messages.

9:00 p

9:00 p.m.

text me when you get this
can we talk?

kuroooo

right, y/n l/n.

it had been a week or more since they had talked, and it was probably why kuroo was feeling more lonely these couple days.

why did we stop talking again? for a petty thing?

ah shit.

i got mad over that?

are you kidding me?

i can't even remember why it irked me out so much but i know i was livid for a couple days. whatever, i guess.

a vibration from his phone again. he picked it up and it was from you, again.