lab partners

some nerdy chemistry stuff ahead!

"kenma! where are you going?" you spotted your blonde haired friend in the hallway.

"we're being assigned to the labs based on our class, i'm in class 2-3 so i'm heading to lab 3."

"oh." you scratched your head.

so where am i going?

you looked around aimlessly, spotting a sign.

lab 5.

you walked to that science lab, entering and scanning all the students. every row had 8 seats in total with a dissection down the middle for people to walk through. there were 4 year 3s every row with an empty seat beside them.

spotted him.

kuroo tetsurou.

he was sitting in the second row with his knuckles on the table.

when he spotted you, he gave you a bantering smirk that you returned back.

of course, you took the seat next to him.

you started the short conversation first.

"hi"

"hey"

"good morning class!" kuroo's chemistry teacher, mr sato walked into class and greeted.

he went up to the teachers desk sitted in the front of the class. followed up by eyeing the students in the class, unfamiliar to him.

"i see we have 2-5 joining us for an experiment today."

as he was talking, you anxiously swung and hit your heels on the stool you were sitting on.

the boy felt something moving from underneath him. looking down, he noticed and grappled his leg onto your stool.

you immediately noticed this and stopped.

"okay 3-5 and 2-5, today we are going to be doing titration." he holds up a worksheet "instructions are on the paper you have received."

you take both of the worksheets and flip them to the next page, ignoring the instructions.

"as you can see you are paired up with the person sitting next to you. as the year 2s have not learnt this yet, the year 3s will be helping the year 2s achieve the end result."

the teacher looks over at the table that you and kuroo share, nodding before turning his head elsewhere.

all the students in the class stand up, as if it's on cue to start.

a bit lost, you stand up straight away.

kuroo removed his leg from your chair, standing up too "okay, so you know what to do?"

you side-eyed him, crossing your arms.

"i know what to do." you murmured.

kuroo sighed as he gestured to all the equipment.

with your arms still crossed, you turned your head to the other side letting him go first.

kuroo looked at your expression. "youngsters."

he started rinsing the buret with water, and set it upright onto the stand. as he was about to reach for the funnel and the titrant (acid), you snatched both from him.

kuroo looked at his now empty hands and then looked at you pouring the acid into the long buret.

you purposely chose to ignore him.