cats vs snakes

WARNING⚠️: graphic injury?

"go, go go go go nohebi!"

it seemed like the crowd had a favourite, just look up to see how many people were wearing green and there was your answer. and i guess it was for good reason, we were not doing very well, but i admit it was my fault.

for the past 5 show-offs, i've just been letting suguru have his way so we wouldn't clobber me to pieces. to be honest i would have just let me beat me up the first round, but the last thing i needed was for him to go on a rampage and start having my way with my teammates, so i did what i had to do.

ultimately, that kind of let us on to a bad start but i'm in a sticky situation here.

"captain, what's going on here?" kai skates up to me, concerned from his perspective where i wasn't even trying to fight for the puck.

i skate around him, "trust me, okay? i'm doing this for a reason." i say breathlessly

he looks at me, then nods his head. but not without him telling me something. "get it in the next round." then he gets back into his position.

suguru comes to where i am and places the puck there tauntingly. "you know what to do." he eyes me down, seeing the game going in his favour.

i took a deep breathe. if he wanted to beat my skulls open...

i would let him.

the whistle blows.

"i don't." the puck swiftly glides on the ice with the push of my hockey stick, and at that moment i knew i had to make a run for it.

i didn't need to look back to know that suguru was trailing right behind me, and he was angry. it felt like i was playing hot potato and whoever i was gonna pass it to was gonna get jumped.

"sorry." mouthing before i pass to kenma, who caught it but was eyeing how insane suguru looked behind me. kenma eyes widen as how fast the attention shifted over to him and how everyone started to clobber him, eventually him fighting with numai.

finally, he launches the puck to yamamoto who flashes over to the goal and launches into right into the net of the goal.

"score for nekoma!" the announcer screeches into the mic. the team all celebrates and congratulate yamamoto, tapping his back and looking up at the score change.

"that was only one goal. their acting like they won the entire play-offs." suguru whispers go kuguri, which makes him chuckle put loud.

the sight doesn't go unnoticed by me, and instead i skate over to yamamoto, "goob job!" i pat his back, harder than what he anticipated, causing him to wince in pain, "thanks cap!" he raised a hand with his other on his lower back.

every point scored was just a realisation that i have to face-off with suguru again. a pang of dread shoots through my legs as i glide over to the center of the rink.

reluctantly, i swat the puck making it halt perfectly to the centre and i place the stick on the ice again, suguru in the yellow and green jersey does the same.

"i'm gonna make this game a living hell for you,  tetsurou." he says, almost hissing like a snake.

"you're a cheater, suguru." i say blatantly, but i knew it was the truth.

suguru looks up at me, before grinning at me, it makes me want to vomit in his face, "i don't know what your little girlfriend sees in you anyway, you're just a shittalker."

the mention of my girl makes me shocked. my eyes widen as i glare at him, not even believing what he said and why would he bring her up.

the whistle blows.

"this is why mika dumped you." i say through my gritted teeth before stealing the puck again. seeing the heated look on his face before i turn around couldn't help but make me smile.

"you! come back here!" suguru chases right after me as i jolt through his side of the court, getting past his defenseman.

i sidetrack to the side of the rink to get to the goal and it's any minute now before i reach it. that was until one of his teammates tackle me, i try to get them off me but their nails claw into me and i taste blood on my tongue when i bite.

a little lesson on safety. how they usually take photos in hockey games is they have a 'photo hole' in the wall where they insert their camera lense into the hole. and when players are approaching, these photographers usually have slide doors to close up the photo hole when players are nearby to prevent injury.

and i didn't realise it, but he was pushing me into a corner with one of them. catching the horrified face of a photographer in the corner, i get pushed into the corner of the rink and through the plexiglass. the photographer doesn't have time to close his photo-hole and my face get thrown through it, right eye getting slashed at the corner of it before i crash down
onto the ice.

"kuroo tetsurou from nekoma takes a beating by hiroo kōji! and is now unable to get up." the announcer shares with the whole stadium.

my teammates nearby come over and try to reach out their hand but i can barely get up. my eye, conjunctified shut. my fingers gently swipes over my eyelid, gathering quite a bit of blood. "oh fuck me." i groan in pain.

"and that is another penalty for nohebi!" the crowd makes noise once again. this game must be the most action they've ever gotten and having teenagers beat each other up probably turns them on. meanwhile, this is the worst time i'll be having in my life.

the guy who crashed into me gets a 5 minute penalty and is sent into the penalty box.

"kuroo! are you okay?" yaku still waits for me to grab his hand and stand up, i carefully swat it away.

"dunno man." shutting my eye as the pain seeps in, i try to open it only for blood to drip in, more cold liquid down my cheek and i shut it again.

kai and yaku drag my body to coach with both my arms over their shoulder. coach nekomata looks concerned for the first time in his life, "kuroo, that looks awful." he inspects my face.

"thanks coach." i manage to quip sarcastically.

"i have bandages." the old man reaches into his emergency kit, but i lightly place my hand on it signalling to stop.

"it's fine." i bleat. thinking about what i would be backing down if i sat out was too much at stake. it didn't hurt that much anyway. "i can go back."

"are you sure you can play? maybe you should sit this one ou-"

"i'm fine." immediately, i throw myself off my two teammates and wipe the excess blood on my sweater sleeve, lines of long dark red blood soaking into the bright red fabric.

with my hand twitching, i grab my stick and slowly make my way back on the ice. the crowd erupts in cheers which makes me feel a bit better.

with only one eye, i look around the stadium as i remember a promise made on my rooftop.

where the hell is y/n?