Chapter 75

"After I left, how was the harvest this morning?" Before revealing the "good news," Mu Ning wanted to check if her subordinates had slacked off in her absence.

"Wow! Boss, our harvest this morning was amazing!" Chen Gu immediately showed a proud and excited expression when talking about the morning harvest. "We hunted two 2nd-grade mutated rabbits and a 1st-grade mutated chicken. Fang Hong and the others also collected a lot of mushrooms and dug up many fresh bamboo shoots. Oh, and Huo Keyu found a large cluster of cumin~~~ We can add another flavor to the barbecue!"

"Is that all?" Mu Ning looked a bit dissatisfied. "No larger mutated beasts like mutated buffalo or mutated wild boars?"

"Boss—" Chen Gu and his team looked a bit aggrieved. "You went out with us, and to save fuel, the bus could only stay near the outskirts of the base! Even if there were other large mutated beasts nearby, they were probably captured by other survivors in the base!"

"Yeah, Boss, don't just focus on blaming us. What did you and Sister Chenxi do this morning? And Boss, you're injured too..."

When Zhang Tongqi also spoke, Blanket, who had been circling around Ren Chenxi, became more and more excited, purring louder and almost sounding like a tractor.

"Huh? Why does Blanket seem more excited than usual today?" Jian Dan wondered.

"Yeah, maybe because..." Ren Chenxi squatted down and gently touched Blanket while calmly explaining, "Blanket smelled the residual seafood scent on me."

"Seafood scent?" Zhang Tongqi first exclaimed, then quickly realized, "B-Boss, you and Sister Chenxi went to the seaside this morning??"

"Yeah, I came back and asked Ren Chenxi to accompany me for a trip to the seaside." Just as Mu Ning finished speaking, Chen Gu screamed in excitement, "Boss! Why didn't you take us with you! Knowing that the seaside is so dangerous..."

"Why would I take you? Could only hunt some small chickens and ducks with you. Take you to deliver food to the mutated octopus? Even I got injured; do you think you can withstand a few claws from the mutated octopus?"

"But... but Boss, why did you specifically choose to find Sister Chenxi?" Knowing very well that with their own strength, they would just be sacrifices if they stood in front of the mutated octopus, Chen Gu still felt a bit unwilling.

After all... they had been born and died with the boss in this post-apocalyptic world for two years! But in critical moments, why did the boss only think of leaving them behind and go find Sister Chenxi, whom they had only known for a few days?

While Chen Gu was expressing his grievances, Ren Chenxi, in a very cooperative manner, took out a large segment of octopus tentacle from her backpack. Each section of octopus tentacle was at least ten meters long, and Ren Chenxi decisively divided the eight tentacles into three segments.

As this section of octopus tentacle appeared, everyone was so astonished that they almost forgot to breathe. Blanket, who kept circling around Ren Chenxi, was even more excited, letting out an eager "awoo" sound and pouncing directly onto the octopus tentacle. Before Ren Chenxi could stop it, Blanket had already bitten a small hole in the tentacle.

"..." The biting force of Blanket after its mutation was indeed strong! Fortunately, Blanket usually paid attention to boundaries while playing with Ren Chenxi; otherwise, Ren Chenxi, with her delicate skin, might have ended up with several bite marks!

"Blanket, no!" Before Blanket could excitedly take another bite, Ren Chenxi sternly grabbed the back of Blanket's neck and lifted it up. "You're too small; you can't eat so much octopus meat at once!"