Chapter 41

At the beginning, Mu Ning wanted to rent her house to Ren Chenxi at a lower price, but Ren Chenxi disagreed because she didn't want to owe Mu Ning any favors. However, now Mu Ning is offering to waive Ren Chenxi's rent, and Ren Chenxi readily agrees. The reason is simple – in Ren Chenxi's eyes, it's an equivalent exchange.

As Chen Gu mentioned, in the apocalypse, many medicines in the base became extremely precious, even fetching sky-high prices. So, the debuff remover that can also restore 70% health with just one use is considered a priceless treasure. Using it to cover Mu Ning's rent is more than enough.

However, the effectiveness of this recovery card is something only Ren Chenxi knows. Others are skeptical, despite Ren Chenxi's confident demeanor. Even Ren Chenxi's friends like Jian Dan are finding it hard to believe.

"Sis... Sister Chenxi... you can really help with addiction? It's addiction, not just ordinary poisoning!" Jian Dan doesn't want Ren Chenxi to casually make promises to save on rent and deceive Mu Ning and others.

"Well... I happen to have a detox medicine in my backpack with miraculous detox effects. Since you guys have no other options now, why not let me give it a try?" Ren Chenxi says, looking towards Sun Jia, who is leaning against the bed.

Facing Ren Chenxi's gaze, Sun Jia continues to smile gently, "So, are you the doctor that Leader brought back? Then I'll entrust you with my poison."

Compared to others, the person affected by the poison is willing to give it a try, leaving others with no objections. Besides, they really have no other options.

For this strong and rational girl, Ren Chenxi has a good impression. She smiles and shakes her head at Sun Jia, "I'm not a doctor, but I do have a highly effective detox medicine. Your addiction hasn't flared up yet. After taking the medicine later, you'll see the effects."

"Okay, I'll rely on you then." Sun Jia says while shifting her gaze to the fluffy blanket lying obediently in Ren Chenxi's arms. "It's rare to see Blanket behave so well, even letting people hold and pet him."

Once again, attracting envy from others, Ren Chenxi's smile gradually widens on her face. However, at the same time, she feels a bit sorry for Blanket.

"Blanket~" After rubbing Blanket's furry little head again, Ren Chenxi apologizes earnestly, "I'm sorry, I won't leave you again in the future."

"Meow meow meow meow—" The response to Ren Chenxi is a series of affectionate meows and the purring sound resembling a tractor.

"Leave? Are you Blanket's owner?" Sun Jia, with keen observation, catches two crucial words in Ren Chenxi's words and looks at Mu Ning with some confusion. "But... Leader said that this cat is..." Is it her boyfriend who raised it?

Mu Ning also stares at Ren Chenxi with a serious gaze, waiting for her explanation.

"..." Oops, because of speaking naturally to Blanket, she unintentionally said something she shouldn't have. But it's okay; she can blame everything on Ren Muhui. "This is my brother's cat. My brother once told me that if he doesn't have time to take care of Blanket in the future, he'll entrust Blanket to me. So, I reluctantly consider myself half of Blanket's owner. Now that my brother is no longer here, after the apocalypse, I didn't immediately find Blanket. Over the past two years, I always felt that it was my fault for losing Blanket. Seeing Blanket now makes me so happy that I blurted out those words..."

"Your brother is no longer here?" This time, Sun Jia's focus is on Ren Muhui. She instinctively looks at Mu Ning again, feeling a bit lost. "Leader..." In these two years, Leader, disregarding danger, almost went everywhere in H City just to find her boyfriend. Now, her brother's boyfriend is...