Chapter 33

"Hey, hey, hey! Who's following you now?" Ren Chenxi was irritated by Mu Ning's unilateral decision, but she remained silent due to Fan Xue Chang's presence. Despite her reluctance towards Mu Ning, her disdain for Fan Xue Chang, a vile and despicable person, was more profound. In the presence of Fan Xue Chang, Ren Chenxi couldn't afford to quarrel with Mu Ning.

"Following you?" Faced with Mu Ning, Fan Xue Chang once again put on a nauseatingly affectionate expression. "Mu Ning, don't misunderstand. I just thought it's not easy for a girl like her, so I wanted to take care of her. But... Mu Ning, you still have an injured person to take care of. Adding another person... Hey, why doesn't that useless guy Ren Mu Hui take care of his sister?"

The last question from Fan Xue Chang carried an obvious probe.

Mu Ning ignored Fan Xue Chang's probing, coldly pulled Ren Chenxi, who was attempting to quietly break free, and responded sharply, "Ren Mu Hui isn't here, so it's natural for me to take care of his sister!"

Is Ren Mu Hui really not present? Or has he died? So, his own sister had to be entrusted to someone else's care? Fan Xue Chang's eyes were rolling back and forth between Mu Ning and Ren Chenxi, with a clear attempt to test. Mu Ning paid no attention to Fan Xue Chang's probing and simply answered with a cold expression, trying to quietly free herself from Ren Chenxi.

"Enough with this show. If you really care about our leader, manage your lackeys! Stop treating our leader like a water source, shamelessly coming every day to beg for water!" Chen Gu, unable to tolerate any longer, interrupted Fan Xue Chang with a stern face. "We're in the apocalypse now, you know? Water resources are precious! Please don't come to our leader every day to ask for water, even the water for flushing toilets! If there's no water, let them go solve it in the wilderness, okay?"

"You!" Just as he was about to express his strong feelings, Fan Xue Chang was interrupted by someone else, making him very unhappy. However, out of consideration for Mu Ning's presence, he could only suppress his anger. He continued to pretend to be concerned and said to Chen Gu, "Oh, I see. Which brother of mine is so ignorant? Sigh, I've been busy lately and haven't been managing them well... I'm really sorry. I'll talk to them when I get back!"

"Humph, you keep pretending! Did Li Jie and Liao Lan come to ask for water without your orders? Maybe even the water for flushing toilets is something you wanted!" Chen Gu rolled his eyes disdainfully.

"..." Fan Xue Chang clenched his fist, took a deep breath, then put on a smiling face, innocently saying, "I really don't know! Maybe it's what Liao Lan wanted? Mu Ning, don't be too considerate of Liao Lan. Even if he was close to Ren MuHui before, these precious water resources shouldn't be wasted too much!"

While emphasizing the preciousness of water resources, he also highlighted Liao Lan's past friendship with Ren MuHui. Chen Gu and his group all frowned.

Mu Ning, uninterested in Fan Xue Chang's theatrics, commented, "I still need to register them. No time for casual chat." She then grabbed Ren Chenxi and headed towards another building on the other side of the base's entrance.

Fan Xue Chang watched Mu Ning's group leave, his expression darkening once again. "Hmph! Acting all high and mighty just because you're a water ability user? Just wait! I'll have you under me one day!"

When Ren Chenxi turned around, she caught sight of Fan Xue Chang's twisted face, his thin eyes gleaming with malicious cold light.

"Actually... my brother has a bad relationship with that Liao Lan." While waiting in line for registration, Ren Chenxi suddenly blurted out.

Though she no longer liked Mu Ning and wanted to avoid too much interaction with her, seeing Mu Ning generously providing unlimited water resources just because of a self-proclaimed former roommate made Ren Chenxi quite displeased. It bothered her more than when Mu Ning had told Fan Xue Chang that she came to take care of herself.