Chapter 2

Here, Ren Chenxi stared curiously at the game helmet lying on the chair next to her, while her brother, Ren Mu Hui, persisted in searching for evidence that his sister had played the game.

"Ren Chenxi, it's definitely you who played the game and spent my money! With such a significant expenditure, do you think I wouldn't notice? I have no idea what this spendthrift sister of mine did to spend so much..."

"I told you, it wasn't me!" Ren Chenxi denied vehemently, refusing to confess. She didn't want to admit to playing the annoying game that had caused her so much trouble. "Didn't you say your Goddess's favorability reached 100%? Maybe you sleepwalked at night and spent a fortune to increase her favorability? Generous guys are more likely to win over the Goddess, you know."

However, Ren Muhui didn't believe a word of Ren Chenxi's explanation.

"Are you kidding me? The Goddess has more money than I do. Even if I won the lottery ten times, I wouldn't dare show off to the Goddess!"

Ren Chenxi suddenly remembered that, in the game's setting, this Goddess Mu was actually an heiress from a wealthy family. She was low-key on campus, which had led Ren Chenxi to overlook her background. No wonder! She had been sincerely courting the Goddess every day, but she couldn't win her over. It seemed that the Goddess was just too rich to be impressed by the homemade "gifts" Ren Chenxi had been offering!

Ren Chenxi clicked her tongue, feeling displeased at the thought of how her heartfelt gifts might be mistreated by the wealthy heiress.

"Well, since you know the save-load trick, why don't you buy dozens or hundreds of lottery tickets? Let your net worth surpass your Goddess, then go for the classic rich and domineering CEO falling for the cold campus beauty script?"

As soon as Ren Chenxi said this, Ren Mu Hui sighed heavily.

"Do you think I haven't considered it? But this is a full-immersion game designed to provide players with the most authentic experience! I used this save-load trick in a previous full-immersion game, but after winning the lottery five times, I was summoned for a chat and then it was game over..."

"..." If they want players to have the most authentic gaming experience, then why do they have save-load tricks? Wait, the game world she experienced was indeed without save-load tricks! Could it be that this game specifically tailored itself to individual players? Perhaps there was a bug because the player data didn't match?

Unfortunately, Ren Mu Hui didn't give Ren Chenxi much time to contemplate. He kept pressing her about whether she secretly played the game. Ren Chenxi felt cornered and responded casually, "Aren't you the one who talks every day about how difficult it is to pursue your Goddess? You, the great romantic, can't even get your dream girl. But a girl like me can conquer the Goddess in just one day? So, bro, do you think in the realm of pursuing love... I might be more skilled than you, a guy who's never had a relationship?"

"..." When Ren Chenxi said that, Ren Mu Hui couldn't help but be shocked. He couldn't believe how his sister, who shared almost the same features as him but appeared more delicate and attractive because she was a girl. Despite being his twin sister, it seemed like... she was always more popular with girls at school?
Ren Mu Hui felt a pang of sadness, but his male pride didn't allow him to admit that his sister might be more popular with girls and have a better chance of gaining the Goddess's favor.

"Alright, alright. Let's just assume I accidentally wooed the Goddess in my sleep..." Ren Mu Hui waved off Ren Chenxi with one hand and closed the game interface with the other. "Honestly, you naughty girl, you're not allowed to secretly play my game saves anymore!"

Hmph, I won't be playing these stupid games of yours again. Who knows what kind of strange bugs I might encounter!

Ren Chenxi rolled her eyes silently, but then she curiously asked Ren Mu Hui, "Brother, you finally managed to woo the Goddess, so why don't you continue to date her in the game?" She was genuinely curious about how the typically cold and aloof Goddess would behave when in love.