Chapter 32

In the lull of everyone "dealing" with the bodies, the sporadic waves of zombies that staggered over were dealt with by Ren Chenxi. Ren Chenxi gave all the newly harvested crystal cores in the grid to Tang Ying. Although she felt very reluctant, Ren Chenxi didn't forget that with Tang Ying's ability, it would be challenging for her to obtain crystal cores on her own. Plus, without the convenient concealed weapons provided by Tang Ying, she wouldn't have enough suitable weapons to deal with these zombies.

After the two waves of zombies, the bodies of the mutant beasts in front of the house were also mostly processed, and any available crystal cores were collected. Some choice cuts of the mutant beast meat were taken. In the past, they mostly packed the mutant beast meat they collected in clean bags to bring back, but this time, with Ren Chenxi being a spatial ability user...

"Sister Xi, can we store this meat in your space? We're afraid that carrying it all the way back will create a strong odor that could attract other scent-sensitive mutant beasts," Chen Gu approached Ren Chenxi to discuss.

"Of course, in gratitude, Sister Xi, you can also take a portion of the meat," he added. They were in a hurry to return to the base and didn't want any further delays on the way. They genuinely feared that carrying such a large load of meat might attract unnecessary trouble. Furthermore, spatial ability users' spaces often had preservation features, and they hoped the fresh meat would remain fresh when taken out.

Facing Chen Gu's request, Ren Chenxi didn't refuse. After all, her backpack had plenty of grid space to accommodate these two large bags of meat. Besides, their minivan was already in her backpack. Thinking of their minivan, Ren Chenxi stored Chen Gu's two bags of meat in her backpack and then wanted to retrieve the minivan.

However, it seemed that Chen Gu noticed Ren Chenxi's intentions and preemptively said, "Sister Xi, let's discuss something else... um, how about this: since we're all heading to the South Sea base, and your bus is so big, why don't we all share a ride?"

"Chen Ge, just say you're running low on fuel and want to save gas by riding in our car!" Yang Xiangrui, who overheard Chen Gu complaining about low fuel the previous night, immediately called him out.

Being exposed in his little scheme, Chen Gu didn't show any embarrassment and casually replied, "Well, we don't have much fuel to begin with, and we even made a detour to save you guys. So, we ended up consuming even more fuel."

"But, we've been driving all the way here, and we don't know how much fuel is left. We siphoned half a tank of fuel from the gas station, and we're not sure if it's enough," Jian Dan was more worried about the minivan's fuel level than Chen Gu.

"Hey, you still have half a tank of fuel! Just use it!" Chen Gu countered.

"But it's clear that our minivan consumes more fuel!" Seeing Chen Gu and Jian Dan haggling like they were in a marketplace, Ren Chenxi shook her head in disbelief. "Jian Dan, forget it, let's use our minivan."

"Ah, but Sister Xi..."

"Don't worry; we have enough fuel." Ren Chenxi reassured them and then took out the gasoline she obtained from the oil-soaked card monster, along with the seven bottles she used on the mutant wolves, making a total of twelve bottles of 6 liters of gasoline.

"Uh, Sister Xi, you actually have so much gasoline... Wait a minute, gasoline? Isn't the minivan supposed to use diesel fuel?" Jian Dan pointed out.

"It doesn't matter," Ren Chenxi glanced at the detailed information on the gasoline produced by the system, which stated that it could be used in all fuel-consuming vehicles. It wasn't just fuel-consuming cars; even generators and such could use this system-produced gasoline. Regardless of its underlying principles, as long as it worked, she didn't mind. "The label on the bottle says gasoline, but what's inside might as well be diesel."