Chapter 55

Chen Gu, upon hearing Zhang Tongqi mention someone looking for them, reluctantly set down the generator and stormed out with a displeased expression. Mu Ning had initially intended to handle the bothersome individuals herself, but upon seeing curiosity in Ren Chenxi's eyes, she hesitated and, with a somewhat aggrieved tone, said, "Liao Lan is here again, asking for water…"

"Liao Lan? That disgusting guy who claims to be a good friend of Ren Muhui?" Ren Chenxi's expression soured instantly. "Ignore him, drive him away!"

"But I'm afraid he'll insist that he and Ren Muhui are close, and he might continue using the pretext of being Ren Muhui's best friend to treat me as a long-term water source," Mu Ning explained. Hearing this, Ren Chenxi realized Liao Lan, with his shameless and persistent nature, might not easily give up the opportunity to exploit Mu Ning in Ren Muhui's absence.

Thinking about this, Ren Chenxi, with an annoyed huff, said to Mu Ning, "Let's go, I'll accompany you to get rid of this guy. Remember, don't give him water if he comes again!"

"Sure." Mu Ning's mouth curved slightly upon hearing Ren Chenxi's words. As Ren Chenxi and Mu Ning walked out of the gate, a sarcastic female voice greeted them, "Oh, I see! How come Senior Sister Mu refuses to give us this building? Turns out you guys have occupied it? Tang Ying, good job! With you around, we actually managed to find Senior Sister Mu before them!"

The acerbic voice was followed by Tang Ying's sharp retort, "We found Senior Sister Mu before them? Zhang Xiaoxiao, can you use your brain? Shamelessly taking away all our supplies, sneaking away in the middle of the night, leaving us with no water or food—how could we possibly arrive at the base before you!"

"Brother Chen, betraying our own people for someone who wishes harm upon them, don't provide them with water in the future! Who knows when they might help Fan Xue Chang go against Senior Sister Mu!" Yang Xiangrui's voice, full of anger, echoed.

Then, Ren Chenxi saw a guy beside Liao Lan hastily explaining to Chen Gu, "Brother Chen, don't believe their nonsense! They marginalized us first, we only took back our own share of supplies and parted ways with them!"

"Huh! They marginalized us? Li Jie, stop joking! Clearly, the water resources were limited, but you insisted on wasting them. How much more water did you drink on the way here? We criticized you a bit, and you got upset. Then, in the evening, you took the opportunity to steal all the water and food!" Tang Ying accused.

"Heh! Clearly, you guys just disliked us, splashing all kinds of dirt on us! Brother Chen, even if you don't believe us, you should believe Liao Lan, right? He's Senior Brother Ren's good friend! Senior Sister Mu values Senior Brother Ren so much. If she knows her boyfriend's good friend is being accused like this…"

"Do I care?" Mu Ning's cold voice interrupted Li Jie's habitual invocation of Liao Lan and Ren Muhui's friendship. "Mu, Senior Sister Mu, you came at the right time!" Seeing Mu Ning, Li Jie couldn't help but complain first, "Initially, we wanted Senior Sister Mu to lend us this building, but you refused. So why are you letting Yang Xiangrui and the others stay here now? Senior Sister Mu, Liao Lan is still Senior Brother Ren's roommate and good friend! If Senior Brother Ren comes back and learns that his good friend is being treated differently by you..."

"Just treated differently. Is there a problem?" Dismissing Li Jie's complaints, Ren Chenxi walked impatiently to Mu Ning's side and raised an eyebrow at Li Jie. "How did I not know that Liao Lan is my brother's good friend?"

With Ren Chenxi's interruption, Li Jie and the others shifted their attention to Ren Chenxi. However, when they clearly saw Ren Chenxi's appearance, they all involuntarily widened their eyes.

"Ren, Ren Muhui... No, wait! You're a girl?"

"You call Ren Muhui 'brother'? Are you Ren Muhui's sister?" Liao Lan, who had been claiming to be Ren Muhui's good friend, looked at Ren Chenxi with disbelief written all over his face.