Chapter 70

Mu Ning's words may be ruthless, but they reflect a cold, harsh reality. However...

"Why did you come to the seaside to find me?" Taking the initiative to attack the octopus monster with such danger! If it weren't for her quick reaction at that moment, Mu Ning would have...

No, just thinking about the image of Mu Ning being smashed by the huge octopus claw, Ren Chenxi's heart rate couldn't help but intensify. However, Mu Ning's response made her already chaotic heartbeat even more erratic and faster.

"Because you're different from them."

"I...," Ren Chenxi's voice felt choked, and she really wanted to mock Mu Ning as she used to. What's this supposed to mean? Even if Ren Muhui is dead, who are you pretending to be emotional for? But as soon as she thought of Mu Ning attacking the octopus monster without hesitation, she couldn't say it. For a long time, she could only weakly squeeze out a sentence, "Because I'm Ren Muhui's sister, right?"

Mu Ning didn't answer immediately. She just looked at the invisible Ren Chenxi in the air, sighed softly, and said, "The place where Chen Gu and the others hunt doesn't have level eight mutated beasts."

"..." So, the reason I'm different from them is because I dare to take risks! Ren Chenxi snorted unhappily, but at the same time, she inexplicably felt relieved.

Upon hearing Ren Chenxi's small "hmph," Mu Ning hooked the corner of her lips and continued, "The hunting grounds for Chen Gu and the others are a bit farther away from the base. I walk back to the base quite quickly..."

"You, you walked back to the base?" Ren Chenxi widened her eyes in astonishment. She thought... she thought that Mu Ning, who was in front of her younger brother, would either drive the bus back to the base herself, disregarding others' emotions, or find someone to give her a ride back to the base. Who would have thought...

"Yeah, I'm a Fifth-tier ability user, so it wasn't dangerous walking back. I wanted to check if you were home, but there's no you on the first floor, second floor, or third floor. I asked Sun Jia on the second floor, and she said... she said you might be in the bathroom."

"..."

Fortunately, before giving Ren Chenxi an awkward moment, Mu Ning continued, "Since no one was in the bathroom, I guessed you might be at the seaside. I borrowed a car with gas from one of Qi Sheng's trusted men and drove to the seaside. Sure enough, I saw you happily digging seafood on the beach."

"...You were there while I was digging seafood?" How did I not notice you on the mini-map all that time?

"Yeah, seeing you so happy and skillful, I didn't want to disturb you until... the mutant octopus appeared."

Ren Chenxi remembered. When she was digging seafood on the beach, her attention was entirely on the red dot, completely neglecting when Mu Ning, a green dot, suddenly appeared. But since Mu Ning was there from the beginning, why did she foolishly go attack the octopus monster? Right! It was because of Mu Ning's attack that she gave up running away, used all her SR and SSR cards, Mu Ning herself lost 10% of her health, and now she's lying exhausted on the sandy ground with no energy.

This crazy woman!!!

Ren Chenxi snorted again, rebuking in a cold tone, "You said you were there from the beginning, then you must have seen me stealthily escaping! Why didn't you let me escape? Why did you go attack that octopus monster?"

"I... I just thought that you really wanted the crystal core of the mutant octopus..."

"I want the crystal core, so you go kill the octopus? It's a level eight octopus! And you're only fifth-tier! You're so crazy that you don't even care about your own life!!!"