Chapter 67

In the past few days at the base, Ren Chenxi didn't spend much time practicing shooting, but she still managed to raise her shooting skill level to 8. The octopus monster was within 80 meters of her, and Mu Ning was even closer.

Currently, Mu Ning was trapped by the intense attacks of the octopus monster. To allow her to escape from the monster's assault, Ren Chenxi needed to divert the octopus monster's attention. She used an SSR Burst Card that targeted the monster's head, successfully reducing its health by 20%. As expected, this caused the octopus monster to cease its attacks, extending its angry tentacles around, attempting to locate the source of the attack.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Ren Chenxi once again applied a Critical Hit Card to herself and threw another SSR Burst Card at the octopus monster. This time, the monster's health decreased by another 40%.

The consecutive attacks completely stirred up the octopus monster's rage. Disregarding Mu Ning, who seemed unreachable, the monster swung its eight massive tentacles and crawled towards Ren Chenxi.

The octopus monster finally abandoned Mu Ning, but Mu Ning didn't let it go. Seeing the monster leaving, Mu Ning, seemingly understanding something, began swinging eight vines and fiercely stabbing the giant body of the octopus monster.

This crazy woman!!!

Ren Chenxi initially wanted Mu Ning to take advantage of this opportunity to escape, but Mu Ning went after the octopus monster again. Unable to do anything, Ren Chenxi had to throw out her last SSR Burst Card and exert all her strength to rush towards Mu Ning. Just before Mu Ning was about to launch an attack on the octopus monster, Ren Chenxi grabbed her, and together they sprinted towards a small car parked further down the beach.

In the morning, they used a bus for transportation, and their van was in Ren Chenxi's backpack. Therefore, the small car was likely driven here by Mu Ning. Otherwise, Ren Chenxi couldn't believe she ran here on foot when even driving an off-road vehicle would take an hour!

"Ren Chenxi?" Suddenly feeling her hand being held, Mu Ning was initially cautious, but the soft touch in her palm made her quickly realize who was holding her hand.

"Why are you standing there? Your shield has only a little over 8 minutes left. Run!" Ren Chenxi could clearly see the countdown timer next to Mu Ning's health bar, indicating the remaining time for the shield.

"Shield? Why can't I see it? Did you put it on me? Is that why I can't see you? But how can I see other things?" Mu Ning, pulled by Ren Chenxi, stumbled for a moment but quickly caught up with Ren Chenxi's escaping footsteps.

"Why do you care about that now?" Ren Chenxi felt impatient with Mu Ning's questions but had no choice but to keep pulling her while escaping. Upon realizing that Mu Ning's speed was far slower, Ren Chenxi used another acceleration card on her. "Is it more important to run for your life or indulge your curiosity? There's an 8th-grade octopus monster chasing us!"

As Ren Chenxi accelerated Mu Ning, she also looked back at the octopus monster. Despite the numerous attacks from Mu Ning's vines and three SSR Burst Cards, the octopus monster's health was now less than 20-25%, and it seemed to hesitate, unwilling to continue the pursuit.

"It didn't follow. Why?" Mu Ning's words made Ren Chenxi look back at the octopus monster. Despite being attacked by Mu Ning's vines and three SSR Burst Cards, the monster's health was now less than 20-25%, and it seemed hesitant, no longer daring to pursue them.

"It's heavily injured. It probably won't chase us anymore. Let's first..." Ren Chenxi was about to say they should escape to a safe place, rest for a while, and then she could perform another 30 consecutive ten-draws. However, before she could finish her sentence, Mu Ning stopped abruptly, prompting Ren Chenxi to pull her along as they continued to run.