Chapter 72

Ability users naturally have stronger physical qualities than ordinary people, and their recovery abilities are even more pronounced. Moreover, Mu Ning is currently a 6th-tier ability user! Although Mu Ning took a swipe from the octopus monster, the main reason she remained paralyzed on the sand for so long was the excessive consumption of her abilities and extreme fatigue. Now that she has rested for quite some time, Mu Ning feels much better. Just a moment ago, even moving her fingers was a struggle, but now she has managed to sit up, watching Ren Chenxi busy collecting seafood along the beach.

In addition, whether it's a misconception or not, Mu Ning senses that her body's recovery today seems faster than usual. Could it be because of her recent advancement in tiers?

After resting for a while, Mu Ning watches as Ren Chenxi runs around the beach, not only recovering the two black plastic bags but also finding the two buckets. Furthermore, Ren Chenxi has filled all these bags and buckets to the brim.

Carrying two bags and two buckets, Ren Chenxi walks somewhat laboriously to Mu Ning's side, placing the bags and buckets next to her. She quietly instructs, "Many seafood items have crawled back. I'll go catch some more, and you watch over these."

Mu Ning looks at the buckets, then at Ren Chenxi, and asks curiously, "Why don't you store them in your spatial storage? What if they get knocked over by larger seafood later?"

She actually wants to put these bags and buckets into her own spatial storage! Ren Chenxi lets out a long sigh, expressing regret. "The spatial storage can't hold living things; otherwise, I wouldn't have asked you to watch over them. Please don't let them get ruined by other larger seafood!"

"Perhaps..." Mu Ning looks at the bucket containing a large crab without claws or pincers and kindly suggests, "You can put some seawater in these buckets and bags, and then I can freeze them all. That way, you can store them in your spatial storage, right?"

"!!!" Right! How could I forget that? Now that Mu Ning is at the 6th tier, she has developed ice-based abilities! Asking Mu Ning to freeze all these seafood items means they won't have to worry about transporting them back in the car. Although some shellfish can't spit out sand after being frozen, it doesn't matter. With their large size, Mu Ning can simply cut, chop, and clean them directly, which is much faster than waiting for them to spit out sand.

However... "Did you lose your water-based abilities after mutating into ice-based abilities?" Ren Chenxi looked at Mu Ning somewhat regretfully. In that case, they might have to be more conservative with water usage again.

"???" Mu Ning found Ren Chenxi's conclusion a bit strange. "Why would I lose my water-based abilities?"

"Otherwise, why would you ask me to fill the buckets with seawater? If your water-based abilities are still intact, you can just fill them yourself," Ren Chenxi explained.

"...I just think that for seafood, it's better to use seawater and then freeze them. But if you want me to use my water-based abilities, that's fine too," Mu Ning replied.

With Mu Ning's explanation, Ren Chenxi also inexplicably felt that using seawater for seafood freezing would be better. So, she took out another bucket to fill it with seawater.

After helping Ren Chenxi freeze all the seafood, Mu Ning moved around in place and joined Ren Chenxi in the action of collecting seafood. With Mu Ning's participation, Ren Chenxi was able to gather even more seafood items, occasionally stuffing them into her backpack. She didn't even need buckets; when she scooped up a razor clam, Mu Ning would freeze one into an ice lump. If a crab rushed over, Mu Ning would freeze it into another ice lump. Ren Chenxi took advantage of this to collect the frozen seafood into her spatial storage. The convenience was that similar types of seafood could be stacked. Once Ren Chenxi stored the seafood in her backpack, regardless of their initial detailed classification, they became mutated razor clams, mutated abalones, mutated scallops, mutated crabs, and so on.