Chapter 65

Exchanging high-level crystal cores for low-level ones is easy, but doing the reverse is not so simple. Some people even charge higher prices to sell their high-level crystal cores. For instance, one level-3 crystal core can be exchanged for 200 level-1 crystal cores in some crystal black markets within the base. As for a level-4 crystal core, it can fetch 2000 level-1 crystal cores, doubling the exchange rate compared to the unified rate in the base.

Of course, although black market prices are high, few ability users are willing to trade their hard-earned high-level crystal cores. The double exchange rate is merely a decoration. Only the leaders within the base and the Fan family have the capability to generously use their stockpiled high-level crystal cores for transactions.

Zhang Tongqi and others didn't want Ren Chenxi to suffer a loss and wanted to exchange their level-1 crystal cores at a double rate with Ren Chenxi, but Ren Chenxi consistently refused. It wasn't until Ren Chenxi mentioned that if they continued to hesitate, she would reclaim the generator, and each party would settle their matters independently, including paying water fees based on the base's rates, that Zhang Tongqi and others reluctantly agreed.

Dragging over the two large bags of level-1 crystal cores, they had obtained some from selling kebabs in the past few days and had accumulated some earlier. Then, after emptying all these low-level crystal cores, Zhang Tongqi loudly exclaimed on the side that they must hunt more mutant beasts later and continue selling kebabs at night to earn crystal cores.

Hearing Zhang Tongqi mentioning hunting later, Ren Chenxi remembered her interrupted "leave" due to Fan Xue Chang's arrival. Unfortunately, Ren Chenxi could only pretend to be uncomfortable, covering her stomach and expressing the desire to go to the restroom. She decided not to go out with everyone today.

Upon hearing that Ren Chenxi was feeling unwell, everyone hurriedly asked her to stay at home and rest. Coincidentally, today, a few ordinary people led by Huo Keyu also wanted to go out with everyone. They didn't plan to go to the more dangerous areas near H City but intended to explore a nearby small town. While the ability users were hunting, they would pick mushrooms, various wild vegetables, and other crops. Although Ren Chenxi was somewhat worried about their safety, considering it was daytime and with so many ability users accompanying them, especially with someone like Mu Ning as a powerful asset, Ren Chenxi refrained from saying more.

Mu Ning's group left, and Huo Keyu's ordinary people followed suit. Now, only Blanket and Sun Jia remained in the house. Sun Jia glanced at Ren Chenxi's hands covering her stomach, interpreting her discomfort as a sign that she needed to use the restroom soon. Understanding the situation, Sun Jia nodded and indicated that she would go upstairs to rest. Ren Chenxi, realizing Sun Jia might think her stomach issue was some illness, could not explain further. She could only smile awkwardly and let Blanket accompany Sun Jia upstairs.

With Mu Ning's group gone, Ren Chenxi pondered for a moment, then walked into the crystal toilet. She opened the card draw panel and initiated a ten consecutive draws 30 times. From these draws, Ren Chenxi obtained 3 SR Burst Cards, 2 Invisibility Cards, 2 Shield Cards, 15 R Burst Cards, 9 Acceleration Cards, and 1 Teleportation Card. The remaining 268 cards were all N Cards, including 120 Grease Cards, 86 Flash Cards, and 62 Costume Change Cards. Thinking about the possibility of finding low to mid-tier seafood at the seaside, Ren Chenxi decided not to use the Grease Cards this time. The bus had already been out twice, and there probably wasn't much fuel left. This time, she planned to bring back some universal gasoline from the seaside.

The Grease Cards were to be exchanged for gasoline, and the Flash Cards were to remain untouched. Without any hesitation, Ren Chenxi used 60 Costume Change Cards to synthesize 7 R Burst Cards, 3 R Critical Hit Cards, and 2 Teleportation Cards.